Internship, Communication, Mobility Section, New York
Our Mobility Section seeks to engage an intern to help us in our communication project.
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every child, hope.
The UNICEF Internship Programme offers qualified and eligible students at both Headquarters (HQ) and Country Offices (CO) the unique opportunity to acquire direct practical experience in UNICEF's work and the United Nations system under the direct supervision of experienced UNICEF staff.
To be considered for an internship with UNICEF, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree programme; and
- Be proficient in English and
- Have excellent academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records
Purpose of the internship:
A dynamic, global and versatile workforce is a fundamental requirement for UNICEF to act effectively on its mandate worldwide and to meet evolving operational needs.
A geographical mobility policy is a strategic tool used to identify in a timely manner and deploy skilled individuals to all UNICEF activities thus leading to a more effective and efficient organization. Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service
Under the supervision of the HR Specialist, Mobility, and the Project Lead for the 2017 Rotation exercise the intern will
- Support in updating the rotation website on regular basis with inputs from various stakeholders
- Provide inputs to make rotation website interactive
- Support in creating & maintaining knowledge repository of all information pertaining to rotation exercise centrally
- Support in creating & circulating surveys and provide preliminary data analysis
- Provide administrative support as needed (e.g. meeting scheduling, calendar invites)
- Any other tasks assigned by Project Lead
Start date: 21 July 2017
Duration: 8-12 weeks
- A first-level university degree in communication (desired) or business administration
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of relevant computer systems and applications; excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Experience in website/graphic designing is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values are Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and our Core Competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Grade: Internship
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2017-07-11