Workshop Process Facilitator, Kuala Lumpur, Consultancy, Malaysian Only
Location: Kuala Lumpur Type of Contract: Individual Contractor Position Title: Workshop process facilitator Languages Required: English and Bahasa Malaysia Duration of Contract : 21st August – 11th September 2017 Reporting to/Supervisor: Marianne Clark-Hattingh
UNICEF has been supporting projects in Malaysia since the 1955. It moved into the current premises in Kuala Lumpur in 1980 shared by several UN agencies. UNICEF has grown substantially over the last two years and currently has 42 staff. The office consists of a Management team, Programme, Communications, Operations and Private Sector Fundraising.
Due to space and security concerns in the current location, Wisma UN will move to new premises in Putrajaya. UNICEF’s Private Sector Fundraising team will remain in Kuala Lumpur in a new premise close to the current location. This move constitutes a big change for staff, and separates the team some of whom have worked together for many years. This change will need to be managed effectively, and staff concerns heard and addressed to ensure a smooth transition.
BACKGROUND OF THE POSITION
UNICEF is seeking a process facilitator to help design and to facilitate a two-day planning retreat in Kuala Lumpur from 29-30th August, 2017 for all staff to support the transition and decide on working modalities so that both parts of the house remain as one team and business operations continue to function effectively.
The workshop objectives are to define and agree on:
- Work processes to ensure that the two offices remain as one team
- Collaboration between offices
- Information sharing between offices and information flows
- Ensuring that PFP team receives efficient admin, financial and procurement support
- Participation and organization of Management meetings between the offices
- Working modalities
- Flexi hours
- Options and management of working out of KL if one has meetings in town
- Commuting (options – pooling etc)
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The facilitator will work closely with the head of office and be supervised by her. S/he will be required to :
- Hold client discussions with the Head of Office, Management Team and Staff Association to ascertain key issues to be discussed and resolved during the workshop (preferably face to face)
- Design the workshop agenda and methodology to ensure maximum participation of staff. The design is to be presented describing the methodology for each session and materials required (eg projector, flip chart markers, other). Time for icebreakers and energizers are to be built into the agenda and participatory processes to be promoted as much as possible.
- Develop workshop presentation consisting of agenda, objectives, and instructions to any group work.
- Facilitate the workshop itself.
- Develop and provide report of workshop evaluation using a survey monkey.
- Minute agreed action points and way forward for each topic discussed. This should form the core of the workshop report. A summary of key actions is to be presented as a summary at the start for ease of reference in tabular format.
Deliverable : Total / 16 days
- Client interviews - 4 days
- Workshop design (including time for integrating feedback and revision). Includes design of workshop evaluation and process slides - 7 days
- Workshop facilitation - 2 days
- Report writing and submission of draft & finalization - 3 days
FEE AND SCHEDULE OF PAYMENTS
In the financial quote, interested consultants should include: the total consultancy fee (broken down into daily rate in MYR and number of consultancy days), travel costs if applicable (with details of in-country travel to Kuala Lumpur) and administrative fees (if applicable, broken down into the separate categories of costs like internet, phone etc.). Payments will be done upon completion of the deliverables, certified by the supervisor.
- The consultant will work from home with visits to the UNICEF Malaysia Country Office situated in Damansara Heights for client interviews and other visits as necessary.
- The consultant will work under the supervision of the UNICEF Representative whose office will facilitate internal meetings and the provision of workshop supplies.
- The consultant is expected to use their own laptop and produce work using Microsoft office.
DURATION OF CONTRACT
The consultancy will require a total duration of 16 working days spread over a period of three (3) weeks starting from the signing date, tentatively from August 14, 2017 to September 4th 2017.
QUALIFICATIONS OR SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
The consultant must meet the following qualifications requirements:
- At a least Bachelor of Arts degree;
- Minimum of eight (5) years of experience in workshop/meeting design and process facilitation for a variety of clients – previous experience of United Nations Clients an asset.
- Proven experience in design and facilitation of participatory workshop methodologies;
- Proven experience in supporting change management processes an asset.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and writing skills; and
- Excellent command of English and Bahasa Malaysia in both oral and in writing.
The evaluation process will start in the week of August 1st, 2017. Successful applicants will be invited to an interview face to face or by phone and will be evaluated by the following criteria:
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (max. 70 points)
- Overall Response (20 points)
- Overall match between the TOR requirements consultant's competencies, qualifications and experience.
- Mastery of English and Bahasa
- Relevance of consultant's experience with similar projects and as per required qualifications
- Quality of previous work
- Daily rate
- Travel costs
- Total estimated cost of contract (proposed contract fee only)
HOW TO APPLY
Interested consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- Letter of Interest and Availability including a brief description of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment;
- Personal CV, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the candidate;
- Financial quote / fee for the consultancy and travel expenses if applicable (cf section 4 fee and schedule of payments).
- Examples of previous, relevant work; and
- Three (3) references.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Kuala Lumpur
- Grade: International Consultant - Consultancy
- Closing Date: 2017-07-17