Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer (National Contract)
Who are we?
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a leading global displacement agency working in 40 countries, in conjunction with our specialist mine action unit, Danish Demining Group (DDG), which has been working in Afghanistan since 1999. DRC commenced operations in Afghanistan in 2011 and is today a leading actor in humanitarian response with membership of the Humanitarian Country Team and recent high-level representation at the Brussels Conference on Afghanistan. DRC-DDG Afghanistan is part of DRC’s Central & South-West Asia (CASWA) region covering Afghanistan, Iran and Paki-stan. Within an overall strategic framework of responding to emergencies, seeking solutions to pro-tracted displacement; and tackling root causes, DRC-DDG Afghanistan’s current programming encompasses: mine action, emergency response, protection, armed violence reduction, and livelihoods. With more than 500 fulltime national and international staff members, offices in Kabul, Jalalabad, Kandahar, Herat and Mazar-i-Sharif and a portfolio in 2016 of USD 13 million, DRC-DDG Afghanistan is one of the largest INGOs operating in Afghanistan.
About the job:
The MEL Officer provides technical field support to the MEL unit by monitoring and tracking area-specific project activities, carrying out field data collection and field monitoring exercises and managing relevant data sets and databases. The MEL Officer also supports the MEL unit in internal and external reporting and data analysis and in staff capacity building initiatives as necessary.
- Ensure data collection for area project activities. This includes field visits for data collection and validation through post distribution monitoring, focus group discussions and key informant interviews.
- Monitor the quality and completeness of data sets.
- Ensure consistent and accurate transfer of data from online assessment and monitoring tools to internal databases.
- Regularly update relevant monitoring and tracking tools and share with MEL unit for consolidation.
- Assist in the development of relevant M&E tools and frameworks.
- Assist in the timely preparation of data analysis at area level and share with MEL unit for consolidation of internal and external reports.
- Create and integrate graphics in reports and information products to help visualize meaning of data.
- Participate in the development and implementation of assessments, studies and surveys.
- Work closely with area programme teams to ensure that project-relevant information is shared between teams.
- Work closely with the Complaints and Response Mechanism Officer. Ensure area programme staff implement accountability measures as per DRC standards.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Bachelor Degree in social sciences, humanitarian and/or development studies, or relevant field.
Experience and Qualification:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience within the humanitarian field
- Previous experience in either programme implementation, coordination, analysis or monitoring and evaluation essential
- Experience in working in complex and volatile contexts
- Capacity to produce coherent and good quality reports
- Capacity to think critically and analyse quantitative and qualitative data
- Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in both Dari and/or Pashto
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process
Collaboration: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC-DDG vision and values.
Availability: 1 August 2017
Duty station: Kabul with 60% travel to field sites
DRC-DDG will offer the successful applicant a fixed term contract from 1 August to 31 October 2017.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for national staff. This position will be placed at salary Grade D, level 1, basic 745 USD.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on Apply button. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
Applications close 15 July 2017. However, please note due to the urgency of this position, shortlisting process will be ongoing. Should we find qualified candidates prior to expiry of this advert, interviews will be held immediately.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Kabul
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Closing Date: 2017-07-15