SIS Developer Intern
About Generation Rwanda/Kepler
Generation Rwanda began in 2004 and has supported young people in Rwanda in achieving their higher education goals through scholarships for universities throughout the country. In 2013, GR expanded its reach when it started Kepler.
Kepler is a nonprofit university program designed to deliver the skills that emerging economies need. Kepler combines the best of online learning and an American competency-based degree program with in-person seminars and intensive education-to-employment support.
About the Position
Kepler is offering a 6 month non-paid internship position. We are looking for a dynamic, motivated intern to to assist the organization in continued development of the Student Information System (SIS) in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
The project includes training, build out of SIS projects and the CRM. We would like an intern with expertise in MS Dynamics who can add capacity to the team by supporting our Information Systems officer in training, developing, monitoring and debugging the SIS. The intern will work 40 hrs per week.
Work with the tech team to gather information about needed systems/improvements:
Projects that need refining:
Fines and invoicing
Needs to finish setting up the invoice format and workflows to send auto-invoices after payments.
The system should track student housing historically. Students can opt out of a house, but we still want to see all the houses they lived in and dates for move-in and move-out.
Projects to start:
Setting up courses and sessions in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Building the student portal so that students enroll for courses, and teachers take attendance
Want to track loan payment information and reporting system
Need to record student employment information as students and alumni (needs to be historical)
Develop training documents/videos to explain necessary programming steps
Report on the progress of the Kepler team in developing the system
Support capacity development of the Kepler tech team
Work with the Kepler tech team to train end users
Maintain the system and train the tech team how to analyze and fix bugs in the system
Suggest possible additional items to make the system work best for the organization
Other duties as assigned
- Familiar with project management techniques (preferably agile methods)
- Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM database and building back-end applications in the system
- Has the ability to develop front end application with Microsoft’s Azure
- Proficient at using API’s (developing client applications and making API calls)
- Proficient at creating workflows (eg: automatic emails sent after certain actions)
- Experience translating technical skills into training
- Effective interpersonal and communication (spoken and written) skills
- System analysis experience
- Proficient in English
- A certificate/degree/diploma progress in software development related program would be an added advantage.
Transport allowance from and back to their home or country.
Housing allowance during their stay in Rwanda
Lunch M-F on campus
Access to campus internet, lunch, and internet is covered during their stay in Rwanda
Access to internal health services at Kepler (nurse and counselor)
Start date: As soon as possible
Reports to: The Kepler Technicians
- Organization: Kepler Kigali
- Location: Kigali (Rwanda)
- Grade: Junior - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2017-08-07
Asylum Support Officer – Dublin ( Temporary Agent, AD 5 ) in the European Asylum Support Office (EASOEASO - European Asylum Support Office
AD-5, Administrator - Internationally recruited position
Paris | Port-au-Prince (France)
Paris | Port-au-Prince (France)
NO-B, National Professional Officer - Locally recruited position
P-2, International Professional - Internationally recruited position