SVN 2017/132 (P) - Emergency Response Officer (P2) - Aden, Yemen
Position Title Emergency Response Officer Duty Station :, Yemen
Classification Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 23 July 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa Context:
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (COM) in Yemen and the direct supervision of the Head of Sub-Office (HoSO) in Aden, with technical guidance from the Project Manager (Emergency, Transition and Recovery), and in close coordination with relevant Programme Managers, the successful candidate will coordinate the implementation of emergency humanitarian projects DTM, WASH, shelter/NFIs, early recovery, CCCM, Livelihoods, youth development.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Supervise and coordinate the implementation of emergency humanitarian projects DTM, WASH, shelter/NFIs, early recovery, CCCM, Livelihood, youth development. 2. Contribute to the development and maintenance of a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation system for IOM programmes in the field, using standard templates (i.e. activities, indicators, results, and outcomes).
3. Draft sections of donor reports based on contractual required submission deadlines and weekly reports on projects activities under your responsibility.
Page 1 / 34. In coordination with the HoSO, report directly to specific donors any unforeseen issues that have delayed project delivery or require modification from the proposed project deliverables under contract.
5. Recommend and contribute to the development of new projects and the drafting of the project proposals.
6. In coordination with the HoSO, represent IOM at relevant meetings including Area Humanitarian Country Team (AHCT), Inter-Cluster Coordination Meeting (ICCM) and liaise with the governorates coordinators as needed to ensure proper implementation of project activities. 7. Contribute to staff capacity building by providing needed support and guidance and keeping close monitoring of staff performance in the sub-office and the field.
8. Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Law and/or International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional field experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional field experience.
• Experience in humanitarian programmes for internally displaced persons, migrants and capacity-building activities;
• Familiarity with the cluster coordination mechanisms and responsibilities;
• Sound and proven understanding of internal and international displacement and issues in Yemen and the wider region;
• Experience in Shelter/NFI and CCCM activities is an asset;
• Knowledge of the region is an advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
Page 2 / 3• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 23 July 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 10.07.2017 to 23.07.2017
Requisition: SVN 2017/132 (P) - Emergency Response Officer (P2) - Aden, Yemen (55113965) Released Posting: Posting NC55114005 (55114005) Released
Page 3 / 3
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Aden
- Grade: P-2, International Professional - Junior level
- Humanitarian Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-07-23