M&E Coordinator - Database and Information Management - Jordan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
Established in 2012 NRC Jordan’s long-term outlook addresses the problems affecting life as a refugee. We work to build the resilience of Syrians, and to relieve the impact on the Jordanian communities that host them. Syrian refugees in Jordan are struggling. As they contend with difficult living conditions across the country, the obstacles are complex. They struggle to remain registered as refugees, to provide for their families, and to access essential services – including education for their children. The Jordanian communities that host them, meanwhile, feel the impact of hosting high numbers of refugees – with each year that passes, local infrastructure becomes more strained.
Role Specific Information
NRC Jordan has put in place a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Unit to establish and implement systems to promote evidence-based decision-making, programme and project performance, and internal management. Given NRC's expanding operations in Jordan, it is increasingly important that robust data management systems are in place to ensure the quality of programs and accurate and timely reporting. The current office strategy is to develop appropriate database(s) to meet data and reporting needs of all programs. The Technical M&E Coordinator’s role is to lead the exploration, selection, and setting up of different database solutions for all programs with a view to develop relational databases across all Core Competencies(CCs) in NRC Jordan. While leading the initiative, the coordinator will improve the existing internal systems for storing and management of data, to facilitate the ongoing data and reporting needs and work to ensure data is stored in a safe way.
The M&E Coordinator will work with the M&E manager, and in close collaboration with IT and data and reporting focal points within programs to ensure the relevance and appropriateness of stored data and the usability of the database tools.
- Improve existing data management systems within NRC
- Lead the development of new database(s) to respond to program data and reporting needs
- Build capacity of data and reporting focal points in maintaining/developing data management systems
- Work with the regional office to ensure complementarity between national and global initiatives
- Act as focal point for partnership with outside database provider if relevant.
- Act as the focal point for the internal Global online reporting system within NRC (GORS)
- Ensures compliance with NRC Data Protection policy and other global and national policies and procedures
- Ensure the development databases and systems are well documented and develop standardized documents and forms for project file documentation.
- Collect regular feedback from program teams and program support departments to ensure the databases are user – friendly and meet program and reporting needs.
- If needed by programs, build report templates that meet the needs of NRC and donor requirements.
- Other activities agreed and discussed with the country management group
- Liaise closely with program staff to understand their database needs.
- Build, maintain and revise the databases for each core competency as needed.
- Train and support program teams on the use of databases.
- Oversee the work of external consultants/contractors in the development of database management systems.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a university graduate with a minimum of three years previous experience within field of expertise. Experience working in complex and volatile contexts, thorough experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to database development, prior experience working in the field of information management and with database management systems. Knowledge of SQL an advantage. understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision making, demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods, documented technical competences related to the position’s responsibilities, and to have high level English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing).
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication, Advanced analytic and computer skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Contract period: Through 31st of December 2017
Salary/benefits: 2227 JOD (subject to social security and Income tax)
Duty station: Amman
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
B: Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
NRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent. Victims of such scams should report them to their local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Level not specified
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Emergency Aid
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2017-07-24