HR Assistant- Mosul
Duty Station [Mosul with travelling to sorrounding areas]
We are looking for qualified HR Assistant with minimum of 1 year of experience in Admin and HR position, experience in the NGO sector is an asset.
Who are we?
Danish Refugee Council is a leading protection agency pursuing our mandate to protect and promote durable solutions to displacement-affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. In the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), DRC apply a regional approach with operational presence in Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Iraq.
Present in Iraq since 2003, DRC is today operational in the Kurdish governorates, in and around Baghdad and in several South-Central governorates. Focused both on the influx of Syrian refugees and the current IDP crisis, DRC is providing assistance in a range of sectors including Camp Coordination and Camp Management, Protection, Livelihoods, Emergency Response (including food security, cash, and NFIs), WASH, Shelter and Mine Action. The Iraq programme presently employs some 450 national staff and 45 international staff, and is growing to meet new, emerging needs associated with ongoing and recent conflict in multiple locations.
About the job
The HR Assistant is responsible for all daily HR administration tasks in the DRC Mosul office, supported by the Senior HR Officer in Erbil.
- Reports to: Senior HR Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Senior HR Officer in recruitment procedures for Mosul staff.
- Support Senior HR Officer to conduct staff induction sessions, training on Code of Conduct, Confidentiality, Conflict of Interest, etc.
- To handle staff leave requests.
- Monitor, regulate and supervise the daily attendance of employees, assist in proper management of working hours, overtime, annual leave and official holidays.
- Ensure that records of all HR related information (HR database, leaves, and documents for personnel files, including interview records) are sent on timely basis to Erbil office.
- Follow-up on submission of timesheets for all national staff in Mosul office on a monthly basis.
- Updating contact list for Mosul office on regular basis.
- Assist the Senior HR Officer in following up on staff appraisal processes.
- Any other related task assigned by line manager.
Qualification and Experience:
- Relevant university degree or similar education
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Admin and HR position, experience in the NGO sector is an asset
- Good interpersonal and communications skills with a proven ability to work with a wide range of managers and staff members
- Good attention to detail and ability to work under time pressure
- Strong communication skills both writing and oral
- Excellent interpersonal and team work skills
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, databases)
- Experience in working with international NGOs
- Knowledge of local (labour) laws and regulations
- Analytical Skills
- Planning Skills
- Teamwork Skills
- Initiative (proactive)
- Fluent in spoken and written Arabic, Kurdish and English
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract until 31-December-2017, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 1-August-2017.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level B2.1
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Please note that applications sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org will not be considered.
Applications close 24-July-2017. The interviews are expected to take place from 26 to 27 July 2017.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Khartoum
- Grade: Services and Support
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2017-07-24