We are looking for a highly qualified candidate who can fill the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Volunteer and will be based in Akkar office.
Who are we?
DRC has been operating in the Middle East and North Africa for over a decade, running a combination of livelihood, protection, advocacy and relief projects. DRC has six project offices throughout Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, Tunisia/Libya, Turkey, and both a country and regional office in Jordan.
DRC Lebanon has been assisting the Syrian displaced, fleeing Syria into northern Lebanon, since May 2011. This assistance has come through the provision of food and non-food items, various outreach activities (registration, follow-up and awareness sessions) rehabilitation of collective shelters and the implementation of quick impact projects.
For further information about DRC, please refer to our website: www.drc.ngo
About the job
The role of the MEL Volunteer is to conduct monitoring activities, to communicate information, gather data from the field and follow up on activities in order to get feedback on the quality and relevance of the assistance.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure the monitoring schedule, data collection targets and reporting deadlines are adhered to;
• Conduct participatory monitoring activities with DRC beneficiaries to get information and feedback on the quality and relevance of assistance.
• Regularly undertake field monitoring trips to conduct household interviews, post-distribution monitoring, and community visits.
• Identify and refer/report individuals with special needs, protection concerns, and any problems with DRC services to MEL Officer/Manager and relevant program staff.
• Conduct field visits to DRC program sites in accordance with donor requirements and the Field Office monitoring schedule.
• Ensure accurate data collection, entry, and upload on various databases and translate tools and documents.
• Ensure timely reporting on monitoring activities.
• Provide regular verbal and written feedback on field observations and monitoring findings to the MEL Officer/Manager and relevant program staff.
• Assist with all other duties as required by the MEL Officer/Manager
To be successful in this role you must have:
• Completed high school degree
• Prefer university graduate
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover we also expect the following:
• Experience in data collection preferred
• Experience using survey and/or database software tools;
• Experience working with vulnerable communities, families and individuals, including those with special needs;
• Good knowledge of local context and community in the Akkar area;
• IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office suite (Excel experience preferred) and ODK;
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and a strong team spirit;
• Self-motivated and organized with a demonstrated capacity to manage time and personal work plan;
“Ideally, you will also have:
• Fluency (native speaker) in written and spoken Arabic.
• Knowledge of written and spoken English.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a volunteering contract until the end of November 2017, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from July 2017 and be willing and able to work in Akkar office.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates and Nationals; please refer to www.drc.ngo
under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level V1 equivelent to 450$.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to www.drc.ngo
under current vacancies.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 25th of July 2017. The interviews are expected to take place within one week after the deadline
Need further information?
Please note that applications sent directly to Dolene Khairallah will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo