Project Officer Food Security and Livelihood (FSL) (2) - Yemeni Nationals
Project Officer Food Security and Livelihood (FSL) - (2)
No# Positions: Two (in Hajah)
Reporting: Project Managers Food Security, in Hajjah
Background and purpose:
DRC has been funded an 11-month intervention by UN-OCHA First Standard Allocation to addressing the immediate causes of food insecurity through an integrated response for the most vulnerable families and IDPs in Hajjah.
DRC proposes a multi- sectorial intervention to address food insecurity in the Khawlan and Al Sharaqi areas of Hajjah districts and improve IDP response by providing IDP site management support in neighboring Hajjah governorate. With our local partner, DRC will provide a mix of food security and WASH interventions to complement the projects exist in Hajjah governorate. DRC is seeking ‘expressions of interest’ from suitable candidates to fill the tow positions of Project Officer Food Security and Livelihood (FSL).
- Advise and assist the project to sensitize key stakeholders - Government and I/NGos - working in target districts, sub-districts and, communities about the project concept, benefits, targeting criteria, implementation strategies and modalities, monitoring and other such aspects;
- Overall technical responsibility for the CFW project – designing on-farm structures (terraces rehabilitation), planning and costing inputs (labor, finance and materials), technical assistance and; coordination of day-to-day activities to produce an output;
- Sensitize target communities and, mobilize and organize eligible households to participate in the project activities, including listing and reporting of eligible bens to DRC;
- Guide and support partner admin and finance staffs in the book keeping and reporting of project expenses from time to time;
- Assist DRC Project Team in regular monitoring and progress reporting on project activities;
- When assigned, represent DRC in the cluster coordination meetings at Sa’ada and/or Sana’a;
- Maintain good relations with local authorities, and seek their support when needed;
- Attend to other tasks as and when assigned by your supervisor;
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil/agriculture or engineering discipline.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of direct field experience in Cash for work or agricultural interventions.
- Demonstrated experience of working in volatile security contexts and ability to deliver results.
- Excellent communication/ reporting skills in English & Arabic.
- Ability to work with teams, comprising local and expatriate staffs and, with minimum supervision.
- Computer skills, especially MS Office, emails and internet.
- Willingness to travel and work in remote rural communities with limited access to basic facilities.
Terms and Conditions:
The proposed employment conditions are based on DRC policy and Yemeni labor law. The selected candidate shall perform his/her duties in compliance with the DRC Code of Conduct and procedures at all times
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Hajjah
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Security and Safety
- Security and Safety
- Public Policy and Administration
- Office Management, Administration and Finance
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2017-07-24