UNDP/UNESP, Kabul, AFGHANISTAN (Afghanistan)
Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) invites all qualified candidates to apply for the following position. SCA actively promotes and encourages Women and People with Disabilities to apply
Kabul Management Office
Number of Positions:
One (Male / Female)
The positions is open ended
Salary and benefits are according to internal SCA salary policy
Non-monetary Benefits for Females:
Transportation close to residence and work, child nursery at workplace, safe travel facilities and companion to field trips, female association membership, trainings and capacity building
12 July ,2017
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
The Accountant is responsible for duly checking and control of the receipts in order to make sure the expenditures of the related projects are according to the budget, SCA rule & regulation and donors' and auditors' requirement. In addition, the accountant should make sure that receipts are factual, supported by acceptable evidences and free from any misstatement.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Graduated from Faculty of Economy or holder of BBA (Finance & Accounting) from any relevant institute
- At least two years working experience preferably with one of the Local/International NGO's or UN offices in the related field
- Should be able to work in pressurized and complex environment that is constantly and rapidly changing
- Must be patient, and having good communication and problem solving skills
- To be good in speaking, reading and writing in English, Dari or Pashto languages
- Skilled in use of computer and various packages, preferably in Excel
- To be very good in arithmetic and calculation
- Willing to travel in the field projects/Regional Management Offices
- Financial control in compliance with SCA rules and regulations (Check the calculation of vouchers, chart of account codes and supportive documents).
- Review and approve transactions/payment vouchers value less than RFQ level.
- Facilitate the concerned Senior Accountant in preparation of monthly feedback and follow up the feedback in next month
- Preparing transaction summary and numbering the vouchers prior to be entered into SCALA (SCA accounting Software).
- To be responsible for data entry to SCALA.
- Facilitate concerned the Senior Accountant in reconciliation of the day book journal entries with the vouchers and posting Journal entries to Ledgers.
- To be responsible that an adequate and appropriate filing system for documents of original entry is properly maintained.
- Reconciling and updating accounting dimension codes (account codes, Cost centre, donor codes, statistic codes and facilities codes) whenever it is required.
- Reconcile the accounts of inventory of stock in close co-operation with the KMO/RMO Logistics sections.
- Preparation of adjustment/correction vouchers.
- Preparing and updating fixed asset list of the concerned RMO/LO on monthly bases.
- Maintaining the accounting system, copy of payrolls, data backup, and the supporting documents related to the accounts.
- Facilitate the concerned Senior Accountant in all monthly accounting and financial reports required by the SCA management, management of RMOs/Field offices and the concerned technical/operational and support units in Kabul Management Office (KMO).
- Facilitate the concerned Senior Accountant in month end and year end account closing process.
- Follow up of the concerned Project/Field Office receivables, liabilities, and contribution in close cooperation of senior accountant and Regional Management Finance Manager.
- To prepare all required details/specifications such as tax details, Insurance details & etc on monthly basis
- Prepare tax reconciliation statements for wages, contractor and house tax accounts, and share the reconciliation results with KMO tax senior officer and RMO finance manager for adjustments and follow up.
- To keep track of Loan, advances and Imprest holders with close cooperation of the related RMO Finance Manager/Accountant.
- Providing all original vouchers to Internal and External auditors when it is required and also to be filed back.
- To represent Account unit in the procurement team particularly on spot purchasing when you are requested.
- To be responsible to communicate particularly the technical issues with the concerned units in KMO as well as RMOs and such communications to be cced to his/her superior.
- To clear /reconcile all internal receivables/liabilities (Inter- Company) on monthly basis
- Assisting Senior Accountant in all matters relating to annual account, the internal audits, responding to external auditors’ queries and preparing information required for internal and external sources.
- To take over the responsibility of Senior Accountant and Account Assistant who are away from the offices such as annual leave (more than one week) or until the vacant position of Assistant/Senior Accountant is filled by employing of new staff
- Accompanying the concerned senior accountant during field visits to respective Regional Management Office.
- Any other relevant task assigned by the line supervisor or Deputy Finance Director.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
- To apply online please send your application / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include the name of the position and vacancy number in the subject line as (Accountant ) HRM/KMO 47-17
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
© Copyright 2015 Swedish Committee for Afghanistan
- Organization: SCA - Swedish Committee for Afghanistan
- Location: UNDP/UNESP, Kabul, AFGHANISTAN (Afghanistan)
- Grade: Junior - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Banking and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-07-24
Paris | Port-au-Prince (France)
Paris | Port-au-Prince (France)
NO-A, National Professional Officer - Locally recruited position
NO-B, National Professional Officer - Locally recruited position