Community Center Coordinator
We are looking for a highly qualified individual to fill-in the vacancy of Community Center Coordinator to work in Hama under employment contract.
Who are we?
DRC has been working in the MENA region since 2003 and is currently one of the few international organizations registered and operating legally in the countries of Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Turkey, Libya and Jordan. Since 2013, DRC has been operating as the largest INGO responding to the Syrian crisis in Syria and Lebanon and has assisted over 1 million refugees and IDPs a year. DRC has been actively operating in Syria since 2008, mainly supporting refugees. In June 2012, DRC was authorized by the Syrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) to expand its humanitarian efforts and provide assistance to IDPs and the vulnerable resident population countrywide. Since then, DRC activities have been focused on NFI distributions, Shelter, WASH, Protection, Education, Livelihood and Mine Risk Education in six Governorates (Damascus, Rural Damascus, Dara'a, Aleppo, Hama, and Homs).
About the job
The coordination and management of the Community centre
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor the Centre’s staff / service providers/students/beneficiaries/visitors and respect the Centre and the DRC Code of Conduct.
- Monitor in consultation with staff and service providers in the centre the humanitarian and contextual situation in the area.
- Together with DRC Project Coordinator, Community Center officer and technical project staff work to identify needs/gaps and prepare appropriate follow-up actions
- Ensure timely and quality implementation and management of the activities in the community centre
- Coordinate with community centres senior project coordinator, community centres project officer as well as technical project staff to appraise the progress and ability of the centre’s staff and services providers.
- Assess centre and community needs with the aim to propose new community based activities / services.
- Design and develop community centres activities plan in coordination with Project officer /Community Center senior coordinator and technical project staff.
- Identify action priorities and prepare work-plans in coordination with the Project officer /Community Center senior coordinator and technical staff as well as services providers.
- Ensure in different ways that the progress of the centre’s beneficiaries/students are monitored throughout (focus group discussions with them and/or their parents; )
- Monitor daily attendance for all the activities/services , evaluate if activities/services met the objectives and if needed suggest corrective actions
- Ensure that the centre facilities and equipment are appropriately used.
- Assist the Project coordinator in the recruitment of new service providers.
- Be responsible for conducting DRC and programme briefing at the beginning of each cycle.
- Facilitate Social events, Bazars, outdoor Activities, etc.
Undertake additional duties as assigned by the PM and Community Center coordinator
- Hold regular meetings with the centres’ staff and services providers once a week and take minutes
- Ensure and promote a strong team-spirit amongst staff and service providers – as well as a smooth coordination / communication with general and technical supervisors at DRC Main office.
- Supervise the community centre’s staff and services providers in accordance to their daily attendance and performance.
- Support centre’s social counsellors and services providers in promoting community engagement through the centre / in the shelters / in the community
Prepare the monthly incentive list and ensure that it reaches the main office as per the set deadline.
- Prepare financial plan on a monthly basis in accordance with the activities plan.
- Prepare order requests and submit to head office in accordance with the submitted and approved payment and procurement plan. (by 25th of each month)
- Ensure all vouchers / supporting documents reach the main office and the CC-C as per the set deadline.
- Oversee and provide any financial overview to the DRC Syria main office, if / when requested
Verify that the centre’s utilities (Gas, Water electricity , phone) are paid on regular basis
- Submit the list of office supplies and stationery needs for the community centre to the main office logistics department as per the set monthly deadline.
- Prepare inventory lists to the DRC Syria main office as and when requested.
Submit monthly log-books and overview of fuel consumption to the main office. (safety advisor and logistics department)
- Report on daily (or as required) basis by phone to the Safety Advisor in the Main office on the situation in the area. (Situational update; contextual changes; security concerns; population movement etc.)
- As agreed with the safety advisor submit written overview of the situation in the area. (weekly)
Ensure, edit and validate, where necessary, that weekly activity reports are timely submitted to relevant technical departments in main office (Counselling; Education; Vocational / LH; Emergency).
- Hold weekly meetings with the centres’ staff and service providers and take minutes. (where relevant to be shared with the Project Coordinator)
- Ensure strong coordination and cooperation with SARC branch in the area and submit overview of activities, as requested.
- Take part in regular field coordination meetings (UNHCR-UNICEF-SARC – IOM -) take minutes and send to DRC Project Manager / CC Coordinator.
- Attend weekly /monthly SARC coordination meeting.
Ensure representation from the CC to the DRC main office’s weekly General Meetings
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Bachelor Degree in Management, Social Sciences or similar related education.
- Advanced computer skills and MS programs
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in similar field/operations
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Arabic
- Demonstrated strong project management experience
- Demonstrated work experience as a team leader of large team.
- Motivated to work in a multi-cultural working environment.
- Commitment to and understanding of DRC’s aims, values and principles
- Solid knowledge of humanitarian operations
- Solid Communication and Interpersonal skills
DRC will offer the successful applicant a six month contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff for the Officer level.
Interested? Then apply for this position, go to https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=1036&ProjectId=148991&uiculture=eng&MediaId=5 and click on "Apply for position". All applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV in the same language as the vacancy note. Applications close on the 25th of July 2017.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo