Consultant for the Development and Piloting of the Augmented Reality (AR) Solidarity Cards
UN Women is the United Nations organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. It provides women and girls with a powerful voice at the global, regional and local levels. Grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the UN Charter, UN Women, among other issues, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls, with a focus on:
- Advancing women’s economic empowerment, through education, training and decent jobs;
- Ending violence against women, through best-practice prevention programs and addressing policies to improve safety of women in the workplace, at home and in communities;
- Developing women as leaders, through training and campaigns to shift public attitudes around what a leader looks like
In line with the UN Women mission to provide women and girls with a powerful voice, and in pursuit of a communications and advocacy strategy for advancing gender equality, UN Women ROAP is seeking to develop a series of three Solidarity Cards utilizing Augmented Reality (AR) technology. These AR Solidarity Cards will be centred around the themes of women’s rights and empowerment through the fields of arts, heritage, sports and entertainment. As a pilot for UN Women ROAP, the proposed date for the launch of the AR Solidarity Cards will be the end of 2017. To take this work forward, UN Women seeks a consultant support for the development and piloting of the solidarity card.
Duties and Responsibilities
Objectives of Consultation:
To support the development and piloting of the 2017 UN Women AR Solidarity Cards.
Key Roles and Responsibilities of Consultant:
Lead content and partnership development for the AR Solidarity Card conceptualization and piloting;
To develop, write and finalize the stories and narratives for the augmented reality portion of each Solidarity Card working closely with relevant UN Women staff members:
- Based on a review of existing resources and consultation with key partners, write the narrative for each short video clip/animation to be viewed when the QR code on the Solidarity Card is scanned;
- Identify existing audiovisual resources and identify any further audio-visual/animation to be developed as needed and coordinate with relevant staffs and partners to ensure this is available;
- Revise, edit and finalize the content based on feedback from key partners and UN Women staff involved in this initiative.
Partnership development and management for piloting the AR Solidarity Cards:
- Identify potential partners and develop partnership for piloting the solidarity cards;
- Act as a focal point to maintain relationship and communication with the partners involved in this initiative;
- Liaison with relevant UN Women staff members on administrative and operational issues related to partnership establishment and piloting of the solidarity cards.
Task & Timeline:
- Develop content and the narratives for each of the AR Solidarity Cards based on review of existing documents, consultation with key relevant partners and UN Women staff: Mid-July to Mid-August 2017;
- Identify potential partners and establish and maintain partnership for piloting: August-September 2017;
- Oversee the AR solidarity card development finalization and piloting: September- 5th December 2017.
- Three story board developed for solidarity cards on each agreed theme finalized;
- A briefing pager outlining potential partners and road-map for piloting including for marketing of the cards;
- A brief final report summarizing overall design, process and outcomes/results of the initiative.
- Demonstrating consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrating professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive of work.
Cultural Sensitivity/Valuing diversity:
- Demonstrating an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrating an international outlook, appreciating differences in values and learning from cultural diversity.
- Addressing conflicts proactively while acknowledging different feelings and views.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in related field with at least two years of relevant experience OR Bachelor’s degree with at least four years of relevant work experience;
- Track record as creative writer/editor for the arts, entertainment, and/or media, website;
- Previous experience of business development/marketing, partnership building, and communications;
- Demonstrated commitment to women’s rights and gender equality;
- Excellent communication and writing/editorial skills in English.
- Ability to start the assignment immediately and perform independently under strict timelines;
- Based in Bangkok-based, as to facilitate in-person meetings and consultations at the UN Women office.
- Letter of interest containing the statement on candidate’s experience in the field of recruitment;
- Financial proposal. The financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount breaking down a daily professional fee, proposed number of working days and any related expenses, i.e. logistic and communications expenses;
- Three writing samples or examples of creative work.
Submission of application:
- Interested candidates are requested to submit electronic application to email@example.com with a subject line as “Consultant: Development and Marketing of AR Solidarity Cards” no later than 18th July 2017.
All applications must include (as an attachment) the CV, letter of interest, writing/creative samples, and the financial proposal breaking down the professional fee into each deliverable. Applications without financial proposal will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.