Programme Associate (2 Posts)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women established its presence in Yemen in Dec 2014 working in close collaboration with the UN system providing coordination and programme support to strengthen the UN response to addressing national priorities for gender equality and women’s empowerment, in line with UN Women’s strategic vision. UN Women in Yemen has entered into a partnership with several partners to support women’s engagement in Yemen’s current transition focusing on supporting women’s effective engagement in Yemen’s peace processes and in political participation. UN Women also focuses on supporting women’s effective engagement in the overall humanitarian response with partners and beneficiaries.
UN Women in Yemen is seeking to recruit a Programme Associate to support its work on the ground in the country under the direct supervision of the program officer, and overall guidance of UN Women Representative in Yemen. And s/he will work in the context of UN Women.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Program Officer and the guidance of the Head of Yemen Office, the Programme Associate will undertake the following functions:
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the overall CO programme activities and action plans in close collaboration with the Programme Officer;
- Take responsibility for technical, administrative and operational process in the preparation of the projects action plans and implementation arrangements to ensure timely implementation of programme tasks;
- Assist in the development of technical papers, proposals, concept papers, communications, key messages, speeches, and any other related documents;
- Take responsibility for project activity reporting, follow up and documentation;
- Assist the programme unit in organizing events, as well as managing and supervising the supporting task team and ensuring the preparations for a successful event;
- Assist in the application of the programme systems and RMS requirements with close cooperation with the Programme Officer;
- Assist in programme reporting, meetings and office reports and any other related tasks;
- Attend and participate in meetings, events, and any other assigned gatherings and brief the programme unit or other team members on meeting details;
- Support and liaise with consultants and CO team members to ensure the timely implementation of programme tasks;
- Support the monitoring and evaluation process of grantees project implementation, progress, reporting, and tracking of resources;
- Perform any other job-related duties assigned by the Head Office.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to extract, interpret, analyze data and resolve operational problems;
- Strong IT skills;
- Ability to prioritize work and to multi-task;
- Focuses on result and responds positively to feedback;
- Excellent knowledge of office software packages.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: http://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-employment-values-and-competencies-definitions-en.pdf
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in relevant Management, Business or Public Administration, Gender, Social / Political Sciences, or other related fields.
- At least 5 years of relevant administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Strong written and oral Arabic required and strong English language skills preferred.
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following methodology: Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
Technical Criteria Weight: 70%:
- Criteria: The consultant should have relevant academic qualification. (Weight: 15%. Maximum obtainable Points: 15);
- Criteria: At least 5 years of administrative or programme experience. (Weight 35%; maximum obtainable points 35);
- Criteria: The Programme Associate should have demonstrated professional experience with the Yemen context or/and any other Arab context (Weight: 10%. Maximum obtainable Points: 10);
- Criteria: Strong written and oral Arabic required and English language skills preferred. (Weight: 10%. Maximum obtainable Points: 10).
Financial: Lowest financial proposal: 30%.
Contract will be awarded to the technically qualified consultant who obtains the highest combines score (financial and technical);
The points for the Financial Proposal will be allocated as per the following formula: (Lowest Bid Offered*)/(Bid of the Consultant) x30;
'Lowest Bid Offered' refers to the lowest price offered by Offerors scoring at least 49 points in technical evaluation.
Interested Individual Consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
The following documents should be included as part of the proposal;
- A cover letter with a brief presentation of your consultancy explaining your suitability for the work;
- UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment
- Personal CV.
- Financial proposal; Proposed daily fee per day.
Incomplete submission can be a ground for disqualification.