EPI Supervisor ( Re-Announcement)
Maidan Wardak Province
Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) invites all qualified candidates to apply for the following position. SCA actively promotes and encourages Women and People with Disabilities to apply
Title of Position:
EPI Supervisor ( Re-Announcement)
Maidan Wardak Province, Wardak Regional Management Office ( WRMO)
Number of Positions:
The position is Project Based
Salary and benefits according to internal SCA rules
Non-monetary Benefits for Females:
Transportation close to residence and work, child nursery at workplace, safe travel facilities and companion to field trips, female association membership, trainings and capacity building
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
The EPI/IMCI supervisor is overall responsible for the implementation of EPI/IMCI activities according to BPHS and national EPI/IMCI policies. S/he will ensure that sufficient and according to the need vaccines are supplied to all health facilities in Maidan Wardak province and there is no shortage of vaccines in any health facility. S/he will ensure that IMCI protocols are implemented in all health facilities accordingly.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Graduated from recognized university as MD doctor
- At least two years’ work experience in supervision, preferably in EPI
- Good communication skills (written and spoken) of Pashto, Dari & English
- Demonstrated skills in health management, Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good supervisory, leadership, analytical and trouble shooting skills
- Ability to support colleagues and provide/receive constructive feedback
- Computer skills at operator level, especially with Ms. Office package
- Being an Afghan citizen
- Follow a developed plan of actions and give early notice in case of deviations.
- To visit, support and supervise all clinics with in certain area on monthly basis, and ensure that activities are implemented according to plan
- To assess and evaluate that health activities are in accordance to plan and regulations.
- Supervision of HFs (Health Facility) departments and Supervision of fix, outreach and mobile
- Participate in NID (National Immunization days) monitoring and supply vaccine to all HFs
- Maintain good cooperative relation with all departments of the organization
- To assess and evaluate that health activities are in accordance to plan and regulations
- Participation in PEMT and REMT coordination meeting, making sure that IMCI protocols are implemented in all HFs.
- Preparing monthly report, stock report and actively participate in HFs director’s meetings.
- Do data base entry, and maintain good coordination with other team members.
- Good coordination with PEMT and making district micro plan with PEMT
- Evaluation of EPI program and making refresher training according to need, and submission of monthly report
- Supervision of each EPI fix center, and joint supervision with PEMT and PHOs colleagues.
- Any other task assigned by the line manager
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
- To apply online please send your application / CV to email@example.com and clearly write the vacancy number and job title in the subject line (EPI Supervisor ,HRM/WRMO 20/017). Otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
© Copyright 2015 Swedish Committee for Afghanistan
- Organization: SCA - Swedish Committee for Afghanistan
- Location: Maidan Wardak Province
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2017-07-20