Intern, Partnership Development, Social Impact Investing
Kinshasa | Washington D.C (Congo Democratic)
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
Background information - DR Congo
- Prepare market analysis and factsheets on prioritized hub countries;
- Develop an understanding of the current Social Impact Investing Opportunities in DRC and other CDOH hub countries;
- Contribute to a strategic plan for UNOPS to support key development partners in implementing projects in priority hub countries, including a practical approach that can be adopted by the PDU;
- Support PDU in drafting proposals or financial agreements, and in obtaining engagement clearance in OneUNOPS;
- Perform any other functions as may be tasked by the supervisor. Training components and learning elements
- Conduct interviews with national and provincial focal points in relevant ministries to assess the needs, constraints, challenges, state of advancement and financial network of the Social Impact Investing sector;
- Identify and assess most significant Social Impact Investing projects, including their project cycles, budgets, and funding modalities;
- Mapping and assessing of the key donors and development partners whose priorities are aimed at Social Impact Investing sector, including their structure and decision-making process for partnerships;
- Conduct analysis and mapping of areas of focus by donors and NGOs for Social Impact Investing projects, as it relates to UNOPS Social Impact Investing Iniative (S3I);
- Research to track and monitor opportunities for possible UNOPS interventions and identify trends that will drive partnership opportunities;
- Report and PowerPoint presentation of key findings and a research analysis;
- Report and PowerPoint presentation of actionable recommendations for the PDU to adopt for Social Impact Investing projects in its engagement process with key partners;
- Production of a detailed outline with substantive content for proposal development of a Social Impact Investing project;
- Contribute to the design and conception of a proposal in the Social Impact Investing sector with relevant development stakeholders;Liaise with project managers to develop or update current projects factsheets
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- Research analysis, and project implementation is desired.
Contract type, level and duration - Internship
Contract level: N/A
Contract duration: 6 months
This internship is not designed to lead to a staff position with UNOPS. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of the internship.
Interns may be eligible for a monthly stipend from UNOPS provided that they do not receive funds from other institutions. Further, UNOPS may provide a one time travel lumpsum of 500 USD. However, they must make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and necessary visa arrangements.
For more details about UNOPS internships please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Kinshasa | Washington D.C (Congo Democratic)
- Grade: Internship
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Social Affairs
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Closing Date: 2017-07-20
Internship Assignment Communications and Outreach (CO) Programme UNFCCC Spanish Newsroom and Social Media Intern30UNFCCC - UN Framework Convention on Climate Change
Phnom Penh (Cambodia)