Internship: Health GVA Operations Support, NYHQ
New York City
In line with the UNICEF Health Strategy and the general guidance of the Principal Advisor Health, the Health GVA Operations Support Intern will provide administrative and operational support and assist the efficient implementation of the Health GVAs for P-3, P-4 and P-5
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every child, health
The UNICEF Internship Programme offers qualified and eligible students at both Headquarters (HQ) and Country Offices (CO) the unique opportunity to acquire direct practical experience in UNICEF's work and the United Nations system under the direct supervision of experienced UNICEF staff.
Purpose of the internship:
In line with the UNICEF Health Strategy and the general guidance of the Principal Advisor Health, the Health GVA Operations Support Intern will provide administrative and operational support and assist the efficient implementation of the Health GVAs for P-3, P-4 and P-5, ensuring accurate and timely delivery, whilst promoting a client-based, quality and results orientated approach to the GVA process in compliance with UNICEF HR rules and Health GVA established criteria.
The key duties and tasks are:
- Monitor the progress and provide updates to management for the generic vacancy announcements (GVAs) for the Global Health P-3, P-4, and P-5 programmes
- Assist with analysis and compilation of key indicators i.e. Gender and geographical balance of the GVAs.
- Liaises with candidates in the various stages of the GVA recruitment process.
- Support administration of P-3 level technical assessment for the Health GVAs.
- Support coorindation of interviews by preparing documentation, questionnaires, and invitations, booking of rooms, arrangement of telephones, and other logistics details as needed.
- Support the development of interview reports and other recruitment summaries, including the final GVA process report.
- Process recommended candidates’ references and PERs reviews prior to inclusion of candidates into the TGs.
- Support issuing of GVA notifications, acknowledgement and regret letters.
- Record and properly maintain GVA recruitment files, ensuring all necessary documentation has been prepared and filed correctly.
- Additional tasks related to Health projects as assigned by the Principal Advisor Health.
Start date: As soon as possible
Duration: 3 months
Contract Type: Paid Internship (Full-time), Stipend $1500/month
- Be enrolled in a second-level university degree in Public Health, International Development, or a related field.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Experience in coordination and logistic support to recruitment campaigns is required.
- Experience in the UN or other large NGO is an asset.
- Knowledge of UNICEF Human Resources policies and procedures is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values are Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and our Core Competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: New York City
- Grade: Internship
- Health service
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2017-07-18