(For Lao National Only) Nutrition Officer - UNICEF Vientiane, Lao PDR.
Nutrition Officer (NO-B), UNICEF Vientiane, Lao PDR
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) in Vientiane, Lao PDR, requires an experienced and qualified Lao National to fill the position of Nutrition Officer, IMIS No. 11545 at (NO-B) level to be based in our office in Vientiane, LAO PDR.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Nutrition Officer will work in UNICEF Lao PDR Country Office, under the Health and the Nutrition Program component of the Country Program of Cooperation between UNICEF and Lao Government. The Nutrition Officer reports to the Nutrition Specialist (P-4). The incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Support to program development and planning
- Program management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support to program implementation
- Networking and partnership building
Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
Qualifications and experience:
- A University Degree or higher in nutrition, public health, nutritional epidemiology, global/international health and nutrition, health/nutrition research, policy and/or management, health sciences, nutritional epidemiology or other health related science field is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in nutrition, public health, nutrition planning and management and/or in relevant areas of maternal, infant and child health/nutrition care at the international level and/or in a developing country is required.
- Experience in health/nutrition program/project development in UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Lao languages is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Vientiane
- Grade: NO-B, National Professional Officer
- Health service
- Closing Date: 2017-07-28