Project Development Consultants - Extended
ProjectDevelopmentConsultans t Remote (3 positions)
The Green Climate Fund (the “GCF”) is a new multilateral fund created to make a significant and ambitious contribution to the global efforts towards attaining thegoals set by the international community to combat climate change.
GCF will contribute to the achievement of the ultimate objective of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). In the context of sustainable development, GCF will promote the paradigm shift towards low-emission and climate-resilient development pathways by providing support to developing countries to limit or reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and to adapt to the impacts of climate change, taking into account the needs of those developing countries particularly vulnerable to the adverse effects of climate change.
GCF is governed by a Board, composed of an equal number of members from developed and developing countries. GCF is operated by an independent Secretariat headed by an Executive Director. GCF will pursue a country-driven approach in its operations.
The Project Development Consultants will be homebased for up to one year and be available on a on call basis. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a start-up in international climate finance that offers stimulating challenges.
The Project Development Consultants will report to the SeniorProject PreparationSpecialist. The main taskwould include providingadvice and support to National Designated Authorities (NDAs), and Direct Access Entities (DAEs) in project development related task, in closecoordination with relevant colleagues in other teams.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the guidance of the SeniorProject PreparationSpecialist, s/he will be responsiblefor: • Providing advice and support to NDAs and DAEs in accessing GCF support programmes for project/programme development;
• Maintaining regular communication with NDAs and DAEs to advise and support them on the developmentof potential projects and programmes;
• Advising and support ing DAEs, and where necessary NDAs, to address project -specific covenants/conditions agreed by GCF's Board (if any) or any other issue that should be addressed following GCF Board approval of the relevant funding proposals; and
• Providing on-site support to NDAs and DAEs , as requested/assigned by the Senior Project Preparation Specialist; and• Additional supportive tasks as assigned by the Senior Project Preparation Specialist or Director of Country Programming from time to time.
Requiredexperience and qualifications
• Minimum of Masteruniversity degree in internationaldevelopment,environmentor related fields; • At least 10 years of relevant work experience in project development in an international environment; • Experience with climate financeand impacts of climate change on programmes and projects;
• Extensive operational experience in some of the Fund’s strategic impacts : increased resilience of livelihoods of people, communities, and regions;food and water security; and ecosystems and ecosystem services.
• Experience in designing projects with focus on ecosystem based approaches to addressing climate change; urban adaptation; and agricultural resilience.
• Experience in project design and development involving financing for small and medium enterprise development;
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to prepare and communicate complex information in written format;and
• Fluency in English is essential; excellent language skills in Frenchand/or Spanish is desirable. Applications fromwomen and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.
Interested candidates, are required to send an e-mail attaching their CV and a letter of interest in a single file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
File name: “[last name], [first name]” (e.g. Olsson, Anna) Subject line:
“Project DevelopmentConsultant (Remote)”
Please indicate yourearliest availability to take up theassignment.
The closing date for application is extended to20 July2017 (KST). Previous applicants areunder consideration and need not re-apply.