VN 2017/161 (P) - Knowledge Management and Data Officer (Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR)) (P3) - Geneva, Switzerland
Position Title Knowledge Mgmt & Data Officer (Assisted Voluntary Return & Reintegration (AVRR))
Duty Station :Geneva, Switzerland
Classification Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, One year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 31 July 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
In the context of the EU-funded “Pilot action on voluntary return and sustainable community-based reintegration” project (hereafter referred to as ‘’the Pilot’’), IOM aims to contribute to the development of voluntary return and sustainable community-based reintegration approaches in targeted countries, including through strengthened data and knowledge management on voluntary return and reintegration in developing countries. In particular, the project will support the strengthening of data collection and analysis on return and reintegration in the target countries and establish a Global Knowledge Hub. The Hub will serve as an online platform to gather information, produce evidence-based tools and guidance, and support research specific to the context of developing countries. Key internal and external stakeholders will also be engaged through a virtual community of practice and project events to support synergies with other related programmes such as the EU Trust Fund (EUTF) for Africa-IOM Initiative for Protection and Reintegration of Returnees along the Central Mediterranean Migration Routes and similar initiatives in the East and Horn of Africa, and Asia. Under the overall supervision of the Head, Migrant Assistance Division (MAD), the direct supervision of the Senior Specialist (Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR)) in Geneva, and in close coordination with the Regional Project Manager in Pretoria and the IOM Regional Office to the EU in Brussels, the successful candidate will be responsible for Page 1 / 4supporting the data and knowledge management components of this project that will enable IOM and the EU to synergise, learn from and strengthen assistance provided in the field of voluntary return and reintegration.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Develop an overall Knowledge Management strategy for the implementation of the “Pilot action on voluntary return and sustainable community-based reintegration”, ensuring synergy with other relevant initiatives at European and global levels.
2. Provide guidance to regional and country offices targeted by the Pilot for the collection of reliable data and production of regular reports on return and reintegration. 3. Support the design and implementation of Knowledge Management tools related to reintegration under the Pilot including through an online portal, virtual community of practice, and knowledge sharing workshops.
4. Support the Pilot Steering Committee in establishing a research fund and conducting three studies based on research priorities identified by the countries targeted under the Pilot. 5. Ensure cross-regional harmonisation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the delivery of voluntary return and reintegration assistance under the Pilot and adherence to other IOM’s overall policies.
6. Ensure cross-regional harmonisation of monitoring and evaluation activities between the Pilot and the programmes implemented under the EUTF, in coordination with Programme Managers and Monitoring and Evaluation Officers in the relevant regional and country offices, in order to identify and document best practices of successful IOM activities.
7. Establish synergies and coherence between data collection and analysis mechanisms, awareness-raising and information campaigns implemented by IOM under the Pilot and under other relevant initiatives at European and global levels.
8. Improve existing data management and reporting tools, in coordination with relevant IOM Divisions and Regional Thematic specialists, and update/develop the relevant IOM guidelines for the use of these tools.
9. Coordinate inter-departmental Knowledge Management initiatives with the aim of fostering cross-fertilisation in the area of reintegration and ensure complementarity between the Pilot and other relevant IOM activities.
10. Provide thematic support for the development of training curricula on reintegration and deliver trainings as appropriate to IOM’s staff, governmental officials, civil society and partners. 11. Represent IOM in programme related meetings and conferences on a national and international level; guarantee that the Organization’s interests, goals and positions are properly represented and new initiatives are introduced to donors and IOM’s counterparts. 12. Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Page 2 / 4• Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Law, International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or • University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Sound understanding of the current developments and challenges in the field of AVRR; • Knowledge of the EU policy and cooperation mechanisms;
• Experience in developing and coordinating AVRR projects;
• Experience in implementing activities in developing countries is an advantage; • Professional experience with a UN agency, or an international organization;
• Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with donors, and with internal and external counterparts, both at the national and international level.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Page 3 / 4The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 31 July 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 18.07.2017 to 31.07.2017
Requisition: VN 2017/161 (P) - Knowledge Mgmt & Data Officer (AVRR) (P3) - Geneva,Switzerland (55121600) Released
Posting: Posting NC55121629 (55121629) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Mid level
- Operations and Administrations
- Education, Learning and Training
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration (DD&R)
- Closing Date: 2017-07-31