Short- Term Consultancy on Monitoring and Reporting
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls, the empowerment of women and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action, peace and security.
The UN Women Regional Office for West and Central Africa (WCARO), located in Dakar operates with its large-scale multi-stakeholders programs and projects, as well as technical assistance initiatives in different countries in the region. The vision of UN WOMEN’s strategic plan in West and Central Africa is to enable a more secure world for African women.
UN Women is financed almost entirely by voluntary contributions, which sustain UN Women programs and affirm support for gender equality goals. Donors include governments, the private and voluntary sector, National Committees and other UN entities.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Regional Director and working in close collaboration with the Strategic Planning and Coordination Specialist, the consultant on Monitoring & Reporting will provide support to the Regional office and field offices in incorporating monitoring and reporting into programme formulation, monitoring results as well as reporting to internal and external audiences.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide technical inputs to programme formulation to ensure monitoring and reporting is incorporated
- Support the development of monitoring indicators, monitoring calendars, and field monitoring plans and quality assurance processes;
- Provide technical support to field offices in developing Performance Monitoring Frameworks (PMFs), systems/plans, and Baseline Surveys;
Coordinate the drafting of Monitoring reports to internal audiences (Senior Management)
- Coordinate the timely quarterly and annual reporting against AWPs by field offices and regional programmes in the Results Management System (RMS)
- Collect contributions from field offices and draft the Regional Director’s quarterly report
Facilitate the reporting of results to external audiences (Executive Board and Donors)
Oversee the regular and accurate update of the Donor Agreement Management System (DAMS)
- Supervise the entry of contracts in the DAMS by programme managers once the donor agreements are signed by both parties;Review accuracy of information in DAMS with donor agreements/Provide feedback to RO and CO colleagues on necessary adjustments-corrections to make on the contracts in DAMS/Approve contracts in DAMS;
- In collaboration with the Operations team, provide DAMS information to HQ for unapplied revenues;
- Ensure a monthly tracking of the upcoming donor reporting commitments and share the situation with each office;
- Monitor the upload of reports in DAMS/Approve reports in DAMS.
Contribute to the implementation of UN Women’s Donor Reporting System
- Facilitate training of programme managers and Monitoring & Reporting focal points on UN Women’s Donor Reporting System (Standard donor reporting package, Donor reporting approval workflow);
- Ensure timely request of financial reports by regional programmes and field offices;
- Ensure completeness and timely submission of donor reporting packages to the regional Monitoring and reporting Unit;
- Ensure results-based orientation and quality assurance of donor reports in accordance with the results frameworks;
- Ensure the timely submission of reports to Donors.
Contribute to knowledge building and capacity building
- Identify and disseminate good practices, lessons, and knowledge;
- Contribute to the development of capacity development tools, including training materials and packages;
- Promote the awareness and understanding of the shared responsibility of Monitoring and Evaluation among all staff members through communication, training, learning and development activities.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Good knowledge of Results Based Management
- Ability to synthesize program performance data
- Analytical and report writing skills
- Good Organizational skills and ability to pay close attention to detail
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Political or Social Science, Economics, Administration, International Development Studies, Gender/Women's Studies is required.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in monitoring and reporting of development projects/ programmes.
- Fluency in French and English is required (oral and writing skills)