Technical Logistics Officer "Open for internals only" - Jordan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
Established in 2012 NRC Jordan’s long-term outlook addresses the problems affecting life as a refugee. We work to build the resilience of Syrians, and to relieve the impact on the Jordanian communities that host them. Syrian refugees in Jordan are struggling. As they contend with difficult living conditions across the country, the obstacles are complex. They struggle to remain registered as refugees, to provide for their families, and to access essential services – including education for their children. The Jordanian communities that host them, meanwhile, feel the impact of hosting high numbers of refugees – with each year that passes, local infrastructure becomes more strained.
Role Specific Information
To support the effective operation of the NRC Logistics Team and related program activities located in Azraq Camp by providing general logistics assistance in accordance with NRC Logistics policies and procedures and relevant donor guidelines.
- Provides direction, assigns tasks and gives instructions to staff, specifies their individual work plans and evaluates individual team members’ performance.
- Monitors the progress of the team activities and ensures they are implemented conform planning, quality guidelines, budget and (donor) guidelines and/or monitors on progress and on the quality of the team output.
- Develops with the assigned team, quarterly activity plans and/or feeds in the quarterly team activity plan with technical experience and knowledge.
- Identify, analyses and evaluate key processes and gaps in the team activities and make recommendations for improvement.
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local authorities and/or stakeholders.
- Supports assigned staff in their professional development, identifies training needs, supports staff to achieve the objectives defined in their learning development plans and/or provides advanced technical support and develops capacity building initiatives to enhance the technical knowledge and professional development of staff.
- Oversee the warehouse operations. Control storage, movement, receipt/issue of inventory and reporting on stock movements according to UNHCR/NRC warehouse procedures.
- To implement/maintain and follow donor standard warehouse practices and record keeping to full audit trail standard.
- Adhere to/maintain NRC, donors and local security, safety and health procedures.
- Carry out high quality local procurement when required which is accountable, transparent and compliant with NRC’s Procurement Policy and donor requirements and Responsible for and management of Working Advance required to support unforeseen daily operational requirements, local procurement and settle timely and accurate reporting.
- Establish and maintain good professional working relationships with suppliers, service providers and contractors whilst strictly adhering to NRC's anti-corruption guidelines and NRC's code of conduct.
- Ensure the correctness of documents, such as Incoming/Outgoing Shipments reports, Waybills, GRNs, Inspection reports, material stock request (MSR) etc. and ensure they are finalized and delivered to the UNHCR office on time.
- Ensure effective working relationships with UNHCR, counterparts, technical and service departments at Jordan Country Office levels
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a university graduate, with a minimum of 3 years previous experience in logistics & Fleet operations, administration & warehouse management in a busy work environment in a humanitarian/recovery context. Has a good communication and interpersonal skills. Strong organizational and team working skills. Good cultural awareness and sensitivity. Excellent knowledge of English. A high degree of competence in planning; management of resources; monitoring; supervision and control; reporting; communication; management of self; management of others.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Contract period: Through 31st December, 2017
Salary/benefits: 1347 JD's Subject to social security
Duty station: Azraq Camp
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
NRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent. Victims of such scams should report them to their local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Azraq
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Supply Chain and Service delivery
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-07-26