SVN 2017/137 (P) - Information Management Systems Officer (P3) - Erbil, Iraq
Duty Station :Erbil, Iraq
Classification Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 01 August 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (COM), the direct supervision of the Data Management Unit (DMU) Coordinator, and in coordination with the Heads of Regional Hubs (HoRHs) in Iraq, the successful candidate will extend support in the maintenance, expansion and development of the mission’s Information Management System (IMS) activities, required by the Iraq mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Supervise the IMS unit in safeguarding, designing, developing and maintaining the Mission database system and modules.
2. Coordinate the development and enhancement of the integrated methodology for data collection and information packaging as required and needed by programmes in the mission. 3. Conduct data analysis and produce statistical data on timely basis commensurate to the needs and demands of the programmes and to inform the policy-making process of senior management in relation to strategic direction of the programmes.
Page 1 / 44. Manage IMS staff in assigning tasks and making sure their performances are optimized. 5. Produce timely reports and help in the distribution and monitoring of information requested or compiled in the mission’s institutional memory.
6. Lead and coordinate the design, mapping, assessment and monitoring of beneficiaries and communities across all programmes in the mission and make these available for internal and external reports, visibility materials, publications and the likes.
7. Assist in the development of project proposals having significance to data collection, management and training.
8. Train and support database assistants or field staff in the use, maintenance and support of database system.
9. Supervise field work related to survey, assessment and monitoring and evaluation activities based on IMS functions.
10. Manage and promote the use of GIS mapping by ensuring data collection has relevance to GIS coding.
11. Support the advocacy functions of the mission through leading the collection, processing and storage and retrieval of documents.
12. Support the HQs and the Regional Office in assessment, analyzing, developing, implementation and training of the database system as requested.
13. Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Database Management, Software Development, Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or • University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience in information management, emergency humanitarian operations management and coordination of information flows, data management including collection, storing, processing, and analyzing data to generate information products;
• In-depth knowledge of the latest technological developments in information technology and information systems;
• Demonstrated ability for leadership in the context of partnership building and consensual decision-making;
• Proven skills to analyze statistical information;
• Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and operating procedures; Page 2 / 4• Ability to translate planning-specifications into technical briefs for data capture and analysis, and vice versa;
• Ability to compile and holistically analyze diverse datasets;
• Experience with handling confidential data;
• Demonstrated team-building and information management skills;
• Demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies;
• Knowledge and understanding of relational data theory;
• Experience in advanced data visualization and information design skills.
Fluency in English is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Page 3 / 4How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 01 August 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 19.07.2017 to 01.08.2017
Requisition: SVN 2017/137 (P) - Information Management Systems Officer (P3) - Erbil, Iraq (55122931) Released
Posting: Posting NC55122954 (55122954) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Erbil
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-08-01