Education Programme Officer
We are looking for a highly qualified individual to fill-in the vacancy of Education Programme Officer to work in Damascus under employment contract.
Who are we?
DRC has been working in the MENA region since 2003 and is currently one of the few international organizations registered and operating legally in the countries of Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Turkey, Libya and Jordan. Since 2013, DRC has been operating as the largest INGO responding to the Syrian crisis in Syria and Lebanon and has assisted over 1 million refugees and IDPs a year. DRC has been actively operating in Syria since 2008, mainly supporting refugees. In June 2012, DRC was authorized by the Syrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) to expand its humanitarian efforts and provide assistance to IDPs and the vulnerable resident population countrywide. Since then, DRC activities have been focused on NFI distributions, Shelter, WASH, Protection, Education, Livelihood and Mine Risk Education in six Governorates (Damascus, Rural Damascus, Dara'a, Aleppo, Hama, and Homs).
About the job
This job is based in Damascus with regular travel to Daraa, Rural Damascus, Homs, Hama, Aleppo.
The Education Programme Officer, in coordination and cooperation with the supporting staff, and supervised by the Education Programme Coordinator, is substantially expected to:
- Provide professional expertise, operational, and administrative assistance for the education programme development, coordination, and results monitoring and evaluation.
- Coordinate with the education sector partners as well as other DRC units to ensure that the education priorities included in the programme activities are adequately addressed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct the need assessment, planning, monitoring and evaluation of the education programme activities.
- Liaison with the implementation partner(s) as well as other partners from the education sectors.
- Assist the programme coordinator with the needed support to ensure the smooth running of the programme activities.
- Represent DRC’s Q.E programme in workshops, meetings, and at the schools; reflecting thus DRC’s image and values.
- Contribute to the development of education programme goals, objectives, strategies, detailed work plan/timelines and results-based planning through research, collection, analysis and reporting of education and other related data and information.
- Provide technical and administrative support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing/administering a variety of technical programme transactions, preparing materials/documentations and complying with organizational processes and management systems, to support results-based planning, monitoring and evaluating results.
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation of the programme activities through field visits and surveys, and reporting accordingly.
- Prepare required documentations/materials to facilitate the programme review.
- Work closely with internal and external colleagues and partners to collect/analyse/share information on programme delivery and progress, suggest practical solutions for programmatic challenges.
- Generate internal and external reports in a timely manner on the programme activities and verify compliance with approved requirements and work plan, organizational rules, regulations/procedures and donor commitments, standards of accountability and integrity.
- Document and report on issues identified to ensure timely resolution by management/stakeholders. Follow up on unresolved issues to ensure resolution.
- Assist in building effective sound working partnerships with government counterparts and other INGOs through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate programme implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to achieve and sustain results on education programs.
- Support drafting of communication and information materials for programme advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnership/alliances at the field level for education programmes.
- Participate in Education Sector meetings/events in Damascus to collaborate with inter-agency partners/colleagues on operational planning coordination and preparation of education projects.
- Prepare for and organize QE weekly meetings to go over the progress of the assigned set of activities, faced challenges / lessons learned, and relevant weekly plan.
Supervision of the field work in the assigned governorates through daily follow up on the Field Assistants’ performance and submitted reports, and provision of instructions/guidance accordingly.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- University degree in Education, Social Sciences or related field.
- Master in business administration or Education is an advantage
- ICDL or equivalent computer proficiency certification.
- Minimum two years of professional experience in programme design, administration, monitoring and evaluation or related field.
- Prior or recent working experience with international NGOs or UN agencies is an advantage
- Fluency in both written and spoken English & Arabic is a must.
- Full respect for client/organization confidentiality is a definite pre-requisite
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with flexibility and respect for all team members
DRC will offer the successful applicant a six month contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff for the Officer level.
Interested? Then apply for this position, go to https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=1036&ProjectId=149042&uiculture=eng&MediaId=5 and click on "Apply for position". All applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV in the same language as the vacancy note. Applications close on the 2nd of August 2017.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Damascus
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Education, Learning and Training
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2017-08-02