Rapid Response Mechanism Project Coordinator (National Position), Hamam Al Alil, Nineveh
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC is operating in Iraq since 2010 to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people affected by on-going conflict in the region. It has its country office in Erbil, KR-I and has area offices in Baghdad, Dohuk, Erbil, Kirkuk and Hamam Al-Alil.
NRC national program strategy for 2016 takes a whole of Iraq approach focusing on CCCM, WASH, Shelter, Education, Emergency Cash modalities, housing and land property (HLP) and Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). In 2016, NRC will continue to consolidate operations in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I) by providing care and maintenance facilities in IDPs camps, strengthening the relevant government authorities and building systems more at community levels as opposed to household level for successful exit, while also considerably scaling up operations in the South-Central regions of Iraq (with focus on the Anbar and Baghdad Governorates). A further priority will be to reach populations in harder to access areas through working with implementing national partners, established community network contacts and UN-led Rapid Response Mechanisms (RRM). Target caseload will be people affected by displacement including IDPs in camps, IDPs outside of camps, host communities, returnees and refugees.
The purpose of the Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) Project Coordinator position is day to day implementation of the RRM project. Also to implement delegated rapid response project portfolios, comprised of rapid assessments, NFI distributions and/or emergency cash activities. The RRM project coordinator will be responsible to ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
RRM project coordinator will be reporting to project manager.
The position will be based in Hamam Al Alil- Nineveh.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
A university or higher education degree in management or relevant fields with minimum 4 years experience from working in a NFI/cash distribution project implementation in humanitarian and recovery/context. The candidate ideally should have previous experience of working in complex and volatile contexts. The candidate should have management skills to manage the officers. The ideal candidate should speak and write Arabic and English fluently.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Implement delegated RRM project portfolio according to plan of action
Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Have an overall understanding of the context and follow any developments that might trigger displacements.
- Establish a network of key informants and information sources that monitor displacements.
- Work with the relevant managers and specialists to establish a network of potential implementing partners, link up with authorities and security forces that will facilitate access to new operational areas.
- Ready to be deployed to areas of new displacements within 24hrs notice and lead the Rapid Response activities.
- Lead multi sectorial needs assessments in areas of new displacements.
- Provide support with the overall development of contingency plans in the current and new areas of operation.
- Ensure there is a constant coordination with other support functions such as logistics, security and finance to facilitate the rapid response.
- Design weekly and monthly implementation work plans, in cooperation with the Team Leaders.
- Visit/supervise regularly all the NRC implementation sites. Conduct spot checks to ensure that all SoPs are in place.
- Participate in all relevant Coordination, Cluster and Working Group meetings.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Excellent negotiator and very good communication skills.
- Very good contextual knowledge in areas of operations (Nineveh).
- Very good relations with the community leaders, local authorities and security forces.
- Experience with emergency response.
The post will be for 4 Months duration with possibility of extension subject to fund
Salary: 7/1 according to NRC-Iraq's salary grade.
Benefits: Health insurance.
Duty Station: Hama Al-Alil, Nineveh Area Office
For more information, please find attached the job description
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Ali Sabieh
- Grade: Level not specified
- Humanitarian Aid
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-08-03