Associate Programme Officer
Nairobi | Kenya
Background Information - Job-specific
- Implement the UNEP project "Mobilizing Climate Change Adaptation Knowledge through Global and Regional Networks", including programmatic and financial planning and fund raising, donor coordination, and reporting
- Organize GAN Steering Committee meetings and other meetings under the project, and represent the secretariat on the areas of expertise, and ensure the follow-up of outcomes of the Steering Committee meetings.
- Organize adaptation knowledge-sharing events, training workshops and seminars, in coordination and partnership with other organizations, and represent the secretariat on the areas of expertise
- Strengthen GAN's linkages and contributions to UNFCCC processes (e.g. Adaptation Committee, Nairobi work programme) and continue collaboration with the UNFCCC secretariat (including the Lima Adaptation Knowledge Initiative)
- Contribute to the implementation of knowledge-sharing and communications components of selected UNEP adaptation projects, e.g the Ecosystem-based Adaptation (EbA) programme.
- Coordinate the further development and implementation of the GAN Regional Adaptation Networks in Asia-Pacific (APAN), Latin America and the Caribbean (REGATTA), Africa (AAKNET) and West Asia (WARN-CC)
- Strengthen exchange of information and lessons learnt, knowledge-sharing and collaboration among the GAN Regional Networks e.g. through organizing workshops, online exchanges and webinars, etc
- Master's degree or equivalent in project or programme management, law, administration or a closely related field
- University Degree (Bachelor’s degree / first level) with a combination of 2 additional years of relevant professional experience in in project or programme management, law, administration or a closely related field may be accepted in lieu of a Masters degree.
- A minimum of sven years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management, law, administration or related area.
- Experience working on climate change adaptation, ecosystem services, and vulnerable populations (Africa,Asia and Laitn America) is preferred.
- Experience of communications, adaptation knowledge exchange and international adaptation actors is desirable
- Fluency in English is required.
|Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.|
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to particular sector, functional area or other specialized field. Ability to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems. Conceptual analytical and evaluative sills to conduct independent research and analysis, including familiarity with and experience in the use of various research sources, including electronic sources on the internet, internet and other databases. Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to other, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information keeping people informed.
Planning & Organization:
Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and action as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Teamwork:Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Drafting skills - (optional)
- Analytical skills- (optional)
- Communication skills - (optional)
- Project Administration skills - (required)
- Funds Management skills - (required)
- Research Skills - (optional)
- Ecosystems management skills - (optional)
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract level: IICA 3
Contract duration: 6 months
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
Background Information - East Africa Hub (EAH)
Located in Nairobi, Kenya, the East Africa Hub manages a growing portfolio of engagements, including associated strategic and operational risks. The East Africa sub-region currently consists of an established Operation Centre in South Sudan and a portfolio of engagements managed by the Kenya based East Africa Hub office. This includes primarily transactional projects in partnership with the Nairobi based UN Agencies, UN-Habitat and UNEP, and multiple ‘operational’ projects in Somalia, Tanzania, Burundi, Uganda, Kenya and several island states.
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Nairobi | Kenya
- Grade: IICA-3, International Individual Contractors Agreement
- Development Cooperation
- Closing Date: 2017-07-30