Shelter Officer - (only open for Afghan nationality) Location: Nangarhar - Afghanistan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization specialized in assisting and advocating for the rights of refugees, returnees and internally displaced people (IDPs).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Responsible for assessment, vulnerable beneficiary selection ,project planning, implementation and monitoring for shelter construction activities
- Participate in field missions and shelter activities monitoring and technical assistance to beneficiaries.
- Collection and analysis shelter data and report to Eastern Region Shelter Coordinator.
- Maintain shelter beneficiaries’ documentation both on field and office levels and its profiles.
- Distribution of beneficiaries cash payments according to the plan and on time clearance.
- Provision and completion of all field related forms, contracts and retain in profile.
- Beneficiaries and community workers training regarding shelter and latrine design.
- Responsible for quality maintenance of shelter and latrine in target area
- Produce reports on weekly, monthly and require base as well
- Conduct the meeting with community/ or village elders, Malaks, local authority and other stakeholders at field level.
- Remain updated on technical and legal considerations (national lows, standards and codes)
- Coordinate the material loading, transportation and delivery with logistic and warehouse assistant
- Participate in NRC staff seminars and training, when scheduled.
- Properly operate the NRC assets (HF,VHF, Computer and sat phone...etc)
- Any other tasks as assigned by the immediate superior.
- University degree in relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with UN, INGOs in a similar/Shelter & WASH fields.
- Previous work experience with a satisfactory performance in the same or similar functional area preferably with UN or INGOs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer literacy is must (Office automation, Power paint, outlook etc….).
- Fluency in local language Pashtu/Dari both written & verbal and English language knowledge is advantage.
- Education title: University degree in relevant field.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Nangarhar Province
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Closing Date: 2017-08-08