Senior Logistics Officer ( National Contract)
We are looking for a highly qualified Senior Logistics Officer will be responsible for managing the site logistics, including security, procurement of equipment and supplies, fleet management, and administering transportation for the office in Madaba .
Who are we?
DRC is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. With the vision that no displaced person must be in want of help to find protection and durable solutions, DRC provides assistance and protection to conflict-affected in many of the major conflicts in Asia, Africa and Middle East. The assistance can consist of relief and other humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and support to returning home, and the promotion of durable solutions.
About the job
Additionally, he/she will oversee general site administration, including stationary management, organization of meetings or other daily needs, filing/archiving, and ongoing coordination with DRC Jordan’s main office and other sub-offices as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage all procurement processes in accordance with DRC policies and procedures, in a transparent, accountable, efficient and cost effective manner;
• Ensure that all procurements are tracked and recorded appropriately to ensure accountability to the donor;
• Coordinate fleet management to ensure that vehicles are insured, assets are managed correctly, being driven safely, maintained appropriately, damages are reported, and ensure that vehicles internal equipment are complete and serviceable; and that usage of fuel is correctly supervised, and recorded;
• Maintain accurate filing systems, with documented and supported records of action for audit purposes, and submit monthly logistics reports to the management team.
• Maintain an updated list of suppliers
• Safety equipment to be checked regularly
• Assure the implementation of procurement guidelines in all kind of procurement
• Provide technical support to Logistics Assistant as needed
• Participate in the recruitment of new drivers
• Office maintenance and related work services like electricity, water, telephone, safety equipment’s extinguishers, etc…
• Supervise the warehouses
• Liaise with CBOs for logistic matters
• Comply with possible extra request from national support Coordinator
• Support the national support Coordinator with any administrative tasks as required, including filing, preparing purchase and payment requests and receiving invoices (matched against approved purchase orders or contracts);
• Prepare payment requests ensuring all the necessary documentation is included before submission to HOFA for signature;
• Carry out day to day office administrative requirements including dealing with incoming and outgoing post, office stationary replenishment and maintaining administration related files;
• Draft letters and correspondence as required, and translate (Arabic- English) informal documents for daily office needs;
• Ensure confidentiality of all correspondence and operations.
To be successful in this role you must have:
• At least 3 years of experience working in logistics and procurement, preferably with an international organization;
• Successful experience working as part or lead of a logistics team, with demonstrated experience in procurement, office management, and basic admin/finance duties;
• Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments;
• Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges;
Computer proficiency highly desirable, particularly use of MS Excel;
• University degree in Logistics, Business administration, or other relevant study.
• Arabic& English (fluent)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a Six months including three month as probation period, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work As Soon As Possible and be willing and able to work in Madaba -Jordan.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of National Employment grade E; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 4-August -2017.
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Dadaab
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Supply Chain and Service delivery
- Closing Date: 2017-08-04