Kabul | Afghanistan
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peace building, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner. Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations. With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
Background Information - Afghanistan
Purpose and Scope of Assignment:
Under the direct supervision of HR Specialist, the HR Associate shall perform the following duties and responsibilities, but not limited to:
1. Responsibility for recruitment and selection processes:
- Coordinates recruitment processes for staff members, local and international Consultants in AFOC, from drafting terms of reference to submission to review bodies;
- Review of incoming requests and all relevant documentation relating to recruitment, contract extensions, transfers, exchanges or loans, and separation of staff or individual contractors, initiating required personnel actions in respect thereof.
- Use of tracking tools to monitor recruitment status and other indicators for management and recruitment purposes.
- Monitoring and tracking of status of requests, initiating follow-up actions to ensure submissions of selection processes are timely, accurate and contain complete documentation.
- Ensures proper outreach and advertisement to wide networks with the objective of attracting a diverse and gender balanced workforce, posting vacancy announcements on a wide range of platforms and performing targeted candidate search;
2. Provides efficient support to the administration of contracts, benefits and entitlements:
- Monitoring and tracking of transactions to ensure timely, consistent and equitable provision of services with a client focus.
- Assistance in the research of precedents and analysis of merits of specific requests and presentation of recommendations/solutions to supervisor.
- Briefing personnel on the conditions of service related to contracts and/or appointments/transfers.
- Collection, verification and follow-up on required documentation related to allowances, appointments and contracts.
- Maintenance of a filing system to ensure timely retrieval of information as required.
- Review of recruitment requests and preparation of submissions in the contract administration system and management of contracts;
- Review of individual contractors’ qualifications and experience and Terms of Reference to determine daily remuneration to be paid in accordance with the established fee setting methodologies;
- Provide advice to personnel on their conditions of service;
3. Provides efficient support to systems users on the following topic:
- Manages queries related to performance management systems and processes for staff members and individual contractors (PRA and PER);
- Manages queries related to contract management processes and tools (oneUNOPS);
- Manages queries related to the use of UNOPS online recruitment system (GPRS);
4. Contributes to Product/Process-Efficiency Improvement:
- Contribute with practical knowledge to the enhancements of practice policy developments;
- Contribute to product designs and implementation;
- Recommend solutions and process efficiency initiatives;
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of corporate systems and tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
5. Monitoring and Progress Controls:
- Functions and activities are expected to be recorded and updated in applicable tracking sheets for recruitment, staffing tables, learning initiatives, and others.
- Ensure compliance with applicable UNOPS ODs and AIs for the Individual Contractor Agreement and Staff Rules and Regulations for staff members.
- Regularly check revisions, changes, and other relevant information in the HR Knowledge System in the UNOPS Intranet and communicate relevant changes to the supervisor and the team.
- Ensure that documents and supporting files are accurate, complete and properly filed for audit purposes
- Timely completion of end-to-end recruitment activities, limiting procedural turn-around times as per established benchmarks.
- Quality of submissions to LCPC/HQCPC as may be applicable.
- Other monitoring and progress controls to be identified and agreed upon while setting objectives in the Performance Evaluation Report.
- High School Diploma, with 6 years of progressively responsible experience in human resources at the national level or Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration or relevant field with two (2) years of progressively relevant working experience.
- Relevant certificates or training related to HR a distinct advantage.
- At least two (2) year of relevant experience in human resources is essential
- Previous experience from the UN/UNOPS or development organizations, preferably at supervisory level an asset
- Excellent knowledge of both written and oral English is required
- Proficiency in MS Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel), and ability to navigate the Internet required
- Experience in ERP systems (particularly oneUNOPS) and/or other HR-related modules a distinct advantage
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
- Integrity and professionalism in performing routine and core functions
- Proficiency in computer systems and applications, and knowledge of ERP systems on HR and Finance (payroll and purchasing)
- Knowledge of UN Rules and Regulations for various types of personnel
- Ability to work long hours and under pressure in a stressful and multi-cultural environment
- Capable of working with others in a participatory and capacity building manner
- Strong communications skills and ability to work in a team to achieve organizational goals
- Good analytical skills; resourcefulness and initiative
- Self-motivated, versatile and adaptable to different cultures and people
- Willingness to take on added responsibility and to build team morale and consensus
- Strong organizational skills, and an ability to multi-task and prioritize work schedules with limited time frames
- Demonstrates the United Nation’s values of Integrity, Professionalism, and Respect for Diversity when carrying out duties and in interaction with colleagues, clients and stakeholders
- Takes direct responsibility for own work, with attention to detail ensuring accuracy and consistency
- Ability to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and those of UNOPS.
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits. Recruitment in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract level: LICA-6
Contract duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
[Please keep only the appropriate link below and delete the other one -thank you]
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Kabul | Afghanistan
- Grade: LICA-6, Local Individual Contractors Agreement - Administrative support
- Human Resources
- Human Resources
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-08-10