Risk Education Senior Project Officer-Kilis
Responsible for the planning and implementation of the awareness-raising activities in the province in coordination with the ERW Risk Education Coordinator
Support and coordinate the ERW Risk Education facilitators in implementing project activities
Responsible for monitoring and evaluation of the project as well as reporting and documentation.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in more than 35 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in Turkey since early 2013, working with by and large with non-camp Syrian refugees and affected host communities. DRC is committed to basic humanitarian principles; including impartiality and neutrality, and offers the highest standards of accountability to the people it serves. The overall objective for DRC in Turkey is the protection and promotion of durable solutions to displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights with more immediate objectives focusing both on the immediate subsistence needs, protection and self-reliance support as well as a more long term focus on capacity building. In Turkey, DRC works partially through partners, also providing intensive capacity building support, while also conducting direct implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily monitoring of Implementing Partner (IP) RE team and support of the WATAN Risk Education team to implement project activities (sessions, trainings etc)
- Managing daily/weekly/monthly reports as required
- Develop weekly/monthly travel plan
- Develop and improve ERW Risk Education materials together with the IP Risk Education team and (including translation)
- Monitor IP dater collection: including attendance sheets, monitoring forms, liaising with community leaders etc
- Monitoring and evaluating field work and facilitator performance, including the work conducted by the implementing partner, in order to ensure the quality of ongoing project activities
- Ensure IP carryies out needs assessments and data collection in the field using participatory tools for continous development of the project
- Ensuring the collaboration of all stakeholders of the project in the field (community leaders, NGOs, CBOs)
- Maintain the operational statistics including updating project monitoring databases.
- Conduct training for IP.
- Coordinate with other DRC projects and programmes to ensure effective implementation of project activities
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Education, Political Sciences, International development or other relevant field;
- Sound knowledge of and skills in needs assessment, project planning, project implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Computer literate including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to relocate to south/south-eastern Turkey, and to travel within and between provinces
- At least one year relevant professional experience with a NGO
- Experience in team management and team work;
- Experience working in the field (preferably experience in southeast Turkey)
- Excellent knowledge of Turkish and English (written and spoken); Arabic and/or Kurdish an asset.
- ** Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position**
- Experience with case management protocols desirable
- Commitment to the values, vision and mission of DRC
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Well-developed organizational skills
- You have to hold a Turkish citizenship or residency or valid passport with valid visa (the residency application will be required at the moment of the recruitment)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 4 months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 21.08.2017 and be willing and able to work in Kilis.
We offer a fair compensation package depending on your qualification and experiences as well as additional allowances such as relocation allowance and living allowances, if applicable. DRC Turkey is income tax exempted.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or Apply HERE.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 08.08.2017. Due to the urgency of the position DRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact HR team at email@example.com
Please note that applications sent directly to HR team will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Kilis
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Education and Training
- Closing Date: 2017-08-08