Vocational Trainer (Handmade Soap Trainer)-Kilis
DRC is currently implementing a project on livelihood possibilities for refugees and host community members in Turkey, including several activities. The second phase of the project focuses on enhancing livelihoods through the provision of vocational and technical workshops to beneficiaries
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in more than 35 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in Turkey since early 2013, working with by and large with non-camp Syrian refugees and affected host communities. DRC is committed to basic humanitarian principles; including impartiality and neutrality, and offers the highest standards of accountability to the people it serves. The overall objective for DRC in Turkey is the protection and promotion of durable solutions to displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights with more immediate objectives focusing both on the immediate subsistence needs, protection and self-reliance support as well as a more long term focus on capacity building. In Turkey, DRC works partially through partners, also providing intensive capacity building support, while also conducting direct implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare and teach a three-months Halk Egitim-approved Handmade Soap Production vocational training curriculum to Syrian and Turkish beneficiaries in Kilis.
· Prepare all handouts for course.
· Administer a post-test at the end of the course to measure progress.
· Provide signed attendance sheets, evaluations, syllabus, pictures, and weekly report (based on template provided).
To be successful in this role you must have:
- High school diploma
- At least one year of relevant experience with NGOs or private sector
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment;
- Commitment to team work
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Experience in delivering trainings in textile related field
- Turkish Language is essential, Arabic is an asset
- You have to hold a Turkish citizenship or residency or valid passport with valid visa (the residency application will be required at the moment of the recruitment)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 3 months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 01.09.2017 and be willing and able to work in Kilis.
We offer a fair compensation package depending on your qualification and experiences as well as additional allowances such as relocation allowance and living allowances, if applicable. DRC Turkey is income tax exempted.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or Apply HERE.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 07.08.2017.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications sent directly to HR team will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Kilis
- Grade: Level not specified
- Education, Learning and Training
- Education, Learning and Training
- Closing Date: 2017-08-07