CONSULTANT: Monitoring and Evaluation Expert for Maternal and Neonatal Mortality Reduction Project in Equatorial Guinea
This is an advertisement for individual consultant – consultancy firms will not be considered.
***Duration: 6 months with possibility of extension***
UNFPA Country Office (CO) is seeking for an Individual Consultant to support its Maternal and Neonatal Mortality Reduction in Bioko Norte and Kie Ntem Project, funded by Noble Energy Company, in the monitoring & evaluation (M&E) of its activities, products and results.
The purpose of M&E, along the course of the project, is to develop and support a substantive quality assurance framework for the work of the project. M&E also ensures that internationally established tools and guidance as well as training materials and manuals in monitoring and evaluation are used, both for the project management and for capacity development of partner institutions involved in the implementation of the Nobel Energy GE Ltd-funded project.
The objective of this consultancy is to provide technical assistance to the UNFPA Noble Energy project, in the M&E field, in order to ensure quality of the project, accuracy of the analysis undertaken under this project, and accuracy on the data provided to the Donor, the Government of Equatorial Guinea and other parties. The consultant is also expected to contribute to building national capacity in this area.
Qualifications and Experience
- Postgraduate University Degree or equivalent (preferably PhD) in M&E, statistics or related area;
- 7 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in the substantive area;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Good knowledge of UNFPA working environment (desirable);
- Good Knowledge of Reproductive, Maternal and Neonatal Health subjects (desirable);
- Demonstrated expertise in the substantive area;
- Good planning and organisational skills;
- Experience of project and programme M&E.
- Fluency in oral and written Spanish and English/French;
Individual Professionals can apply online (sending the documents mentioned below, with the Post Title mentioned in the Subject line, to: firstname.lastname@example.org ); or by submitting, in a sealed envelope labeled with the name of the position:
- Cover letter, addressed to the UNFPA Resident Representative, with a brief description of why you consider yourself the most suitable candidate for the assignment;
- CV(s) + copies of required academic diploma(s).
Proposals should be delivered at:
UNFPA Country Office in Equatorial Guinea
UN House, 5th floor
Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Deadline: 1 September 2017, by 3.00 PM, local time.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Lilongwe
- Grade: Consultant
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Closing Date: 2017-09-01