NATIONAL POST: Programme Associate, Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR), Beijing, China Country Office, G-6
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS OPEN ONLY TO NATIONALS OF CHINA.
Closing Date: 29 August 2017 (5 pm Beijing time) (5 am New York time)
Duty Station: Beijing, China
The Programme Associate position is located in the China Country Office (CO) and reports to a Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) Specialist.
The Programme Associate provides operational programme support to the SRHR Specialist and Gender/Gender Based Violence (GBV) Analyst who work as specialists.
The Programme Associate contributes to the development and implementation of effective country programmes by providing administrative and analytical support. As appropriate and under the direction of the SRHR Specialist and Gender/GBV Analyst, the Programme Associate will also contribute to research, financial management and operational and procedural guidance for efficient programme delivery.
Qualifications and Experience
Completed Secondary Level Education required. First level university degree desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Six years of relevant experience in programme management is required.
• Previous experience in the UN is an advantage;
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
• Computer literacy - Word, Excel, Power-point, etc.;
• Good knowledge of Atlas / Peoplesoft or other ERP system;
• Good writing and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Languages: Fluency in Chinese is required. Working knowledge of English is required.
Other Desirable Skills: Proficiency in current office software applications; good basic knowledge of finances and mastery of a series of financial and spreadsheet software.