Human Resources Intern (Jordanian Nationals),Amman-Jordan
Support the Regional HR MENA
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every child, hope.
The UNICEF Internship Programme offers qualified and eligible students the unique opportunity to acquire direct practical experience in UNICEF's work and the United Nations system under the direct supervision of experienced UNICEF staff.
To be considered for an internship with UNICEF, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree programme; and
- Be proficient in at least one of UNICEF’s working languages: English, French, and Spanish. Russian, Mandarin or Arabic. Additional language requirements may apply; and
- Have good academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records
Purpose of the internship:
Support the Regional HR MENA in the following:
- Support the approval process of HR actions from country offices.
- Support in recruitment and placement
- Support learning and development
-Support in organization design and job classification
- Support in Travel, Security Clearance and Time Attendance.
- Support in recruitment of consultants and individual contractors.
- Support in collation, analysis and presentation of data and HR indicators.
- Support the design, development of MENA HR shared platform
- Establish regional PSV activity data base as well as wellbeing portal
- Support in developing induction programme for new comers to the Regional Office
- Assist with any other tasks as required
Start date: 15 September 2017(Estimated)
Duration: 6 months
- A first-level university degree in Human Resources Management, Business administration or any related field.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of relevant computer systems and applications; excellent knowledge of MS Office is required.
- Courses and/or experience in Human Resources Management is preferred.
Our core values are Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and our Core Competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Grade: Internship
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2017-08-30
Massy | Port-au-Prince (France)