Senior Quality Assurance & Support Technician (SQAST)
Bangkok | Bangkok
Background Information - Job-specific
Enterprise Platforms of EAC - BKK
Core enterprise application solutions in EAC-BKK have been built upon Siebel CRM public sector, Oracle-based identity management systems, Java Enterprise Edition, and SAP.
The Siebel CRM platform has been architected in such a way that it allows to build custom applications on top of the single platform and integrate smoothly with external systems.
Based on Oracle identity management system, the EIDMS handles single-sign on for all enterprise applications, reducing the overhead and duplicity of user data.
Background Information - Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT) / Enterprise Application Centre-Bangkok (EAC-BKK)
EAC-BKK Global Resources Management (GRM)
In 2014 EAC-BKK was established to serve as Asia-Pacific hub to build enterprise applications for the United Nations Secretariat. Formerly known as Resources Management Service (RMS) under Department of Management in the United Nations Secretariat in New York, EAC-BKK commenced strategic initiative to shift resources from New York to Bangkok to take advantage of human capital and build partnership with IT entities in Asia-Pacific region under ESCAP.
The staffs being located both in New York and Bangkok, EAC-BKK is in charge of several enterprise applications such as a customer relationship management (CRM) system called iNeed, Electronic Fuel Management System 2 (eFMS-2), Electronic Contingency-Owned Equipment (eCOE), and Enterprise Identity Management System (EIDMS).
The mission of Global Resources Management is to provide shared resources for the projects by taking a full advantage of Bangkok’s local and international human capitals and communities.
Under the guidance of the Senior Project Coordinator, the incumbent performs various tasks related to EAC-BKK’s enterprise application development:
- Draft and/or design quality assurance scripts and execute them in conjunction with software release cycle
- Summarize test results
- Prioritise defects and co-ordinate with the developers to get fixed
- Analyse requirements and write functional specification.
- Coordinate support and deployment operations
- Generate system incident and problem reports
- Participate in field deployment
- Perform other duties as required
Deliverables and Timeline
A new deployment is scheduled every few to several months. The development schedule is planned based on competing, changing priorities and circumstances such as safety in missions’ environment. The incumbent is expected to be adaptable and deliver under pressure conforming to the deadlines set by the project.
The operational support is continuous. It is based on incoming incidents and recurring problems while the response time and protocols to interact with business community are governed by the standard operating procedures.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
A high school diploma is required. A university degree in computer science, information technology, mathematics, statistics or related field is highly desirable.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in support, systems administration/management, and software quality assurance experience is required. With a relevant first level university degree or master’s degree, some of the required years of experience may be substituted.
- A minimum of one year of quality assurance experience with applications based on Siebel CRM platform is required.
- Knowledge of UN field operations, iNeed, fuel and/or rations management is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of UN information systems architecture is highly desirable.
Fluency in written and oral English is required. Knowledge of another United Nations official language is an advantage.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement
Contract level: LICA 5
Contract duration: 1 year (renewable subject to funds availability and satisfactory performance)
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS provides its partners with advisory, implementation and transactional services, with projects ranging from building schools and hospitals, to procuring goods and services and training local personnel. UNOPS works closely with governments and communities to ensure increased economic, social and environmental sustainability for the projects we support, with a focus on developing national capacity.
UNOPS vision is a world where people can live full lives supported by appropriate, sustainable and resilient infrastructure, and by the efficient and transparent use of public resources in procurement and project management.
With over 8,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, where they need it. By implementing around 1,000 projects for our partners at any given time, UNOPS makes significant contributions to results on the ground, often in the most challenging environments.
Background information- ECR
Based in Geneva, the Europe and Central Asia Regional Office (ECR) supports UNOPS offices throughout the region through: management, financial and programmatic oversight of global and country-specific portfolios, clusters and operations centres, including hosting services; fund and management advisory services; project implementation; procuring goods and services; and managing human resources.
ECR ensures that projects are executed to the highest standards, providing a shared knowledge base and ensuring that best practices and lessons learned are disseminated between business units and projects across the entire region.
ECR strategy is to:
- Strengthen UNOPS role in operationalizing the Sustainable Development Goals with particular emphasis on health, environment and economic development.
- Position UNOPS in the Balkan sub-region, the Caucasus and Central Asia.
- Strengthen the implementation of ECR global and regional programmes, with revitalized partnerships in infrastructure, procurement and project management.
ECR operates global portfolios from offices in Geneva, Brussels and New York, and country-specific programmes from its operations and project centres located in Eastern Europe and Central Asian countries.
Background Information - Development Group Cluster
Based in the New York, the UNOPS Development Group Cluster supports diverse partners with their peacebuilding, humanitarian and development operations. For example, within the United Nations Development Programme, the Cluster works with the Bureau for Policy and Programme Support and the Office of South-South Cooperation.
The cluster also supports the United Nations Secretariat, as well as a broadening community of other New York-based United Nations organizations in the delivery of project management and implementation services
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Bangkok | Bangkok
- Grade: LICA-5, Local Individual Contractors Agreement
- Closing Date: 2017-08-29