We are looking for a highly qualified Driver to join our DRC/DDG team in Tunisia.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organisation founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries throughout the world. DRC fulfils its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected and vulnerable populations – refugees, internally displaced persons (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world; and by advocating on behalf of conflict-affected populations internationally. DRC has been working in the Maghreb region, including Libya, Tunisia and Algeria since 2011.
About the job
Under the supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Manager Maghreb, Directly responsible for the safety of passengers and the maintenance of assigned vehicles through safe driving practices and proactive preventative vehicle maintenance and support procurement and administration when required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive DRC program staff in a safe and courteous manner.
- Follow DRC vehicle policy and operating procedures at all times
- Meet and escort DRC/DDG staff and visitors to and from the airports to Domestic and International terminals respectively.
- Ensuring passengers’ safety by requesting them to belt-up before proceeding for a Journey.
- Completing accurate journey record for all journeys in official vehicles in the Vehicle Log Books.
- Responsible for the daily cleanliness of interior/exterior of vehicle.
- Conform to daily morning assessments of road conditions and security situation when in the field or travelling to the field.
- Follow up with the renewals due (i.e. insurance, road license, etc.).
- Drive authorized personnel as directed, ensuring strict adherence to traffic rules and regulations including speed limits (No overloading nor over speeding).
- Assist the Logistics Department and project staff in loading and unloading cargo as necessary.
- Collect quotations from suppliers as requested
- Assist with the purchasing of different supplies as requested
- Arrange for the collection and delivery of equipment and goods
- Drop and pick equipment/items sent for repairs
Admin and other tasks
Pick or drop letters/documents in various offices (government, embassies, UN etc.)
Assist administrative tasks as requested. Payment invoices /visa's submission/embassies/CNSS/insurance etc.
Support on various tasks related to the Municipality office.
Any other duties relating to the nature of the job as directed by the Procurement and Logistics Manager and HR and Admin Manager
To be successful in this role you must have a Bachelor degree or equivant and at Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience as Driver within a government or NGO or Corporate/Office environment and be physically fit with excellent eyesight
You should also have:
- Valid Driving License
- Strong experience in driving
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Personal commitment, flexibility and ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from various cultures and professional background.
- Ability to work under tight timelines and stressful conditions.
- Strong spoken Arabic skills; conversational French required. Knowledge of English is an asset. Good written Arabic is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of local city roads, locations of government offices, UN Offices, Embassies, major suppliers and main roads to other parts of the country
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 6 months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 01/09/2017 and be willing and able to work in Tunis, Tunisia.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level A,3.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the Apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 24/08/2017. The interviews are expected to take place on 28/29 august 2017.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact Safouane Kaddour at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications sent directly to Safouane Kaddour will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Tunis
- Grade: Level not specified
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-08-24