Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinator
Please note: due to the urgency to fill the post DRC reserves the right to hire before the deadline. This is a re-advertisement, candidates who applied to this position before need not re-apply.
Who are we?
Danish Refugee Council is a leading protection agency pursuing our mandate to protect and promote durable solutions to displacement-affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. In the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), DRC apply a regional approach with operational presence in Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Iraq.
Present in Iraq since 2003, DRC is today operational in the Kurdish governorates, in and around Baghdad and in several South-Central governorates. Focused both on the influx of Syrian refugees and the current IDP crisis, DRC is providing assistance in a range of sectors including Camp Coordination and Camp Management, Protection, Livelihoods, Emergency Response (including food security, cash, and NFIs), WASH, Shelter and Mine Action. The Iraq programme presently employs some 450 national staff and 45 international staff, and is growing to meet new, emerging needs associated with ongoing and recent conflict in multiple locations.
About the job
The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator will work closely with the Head of Programmes (HoP) to strengthen DRC Iraq monitoring, evaluation, learning, accountability and information management systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
Monitoring and Evaluation
• Assist the Programme Development department in developing strong indicators and logical frameworks for new projects
• Support the Project Managers with the active implementation of their M&E plans, ensure M&E plans are updated timely and M&E findings are in place for all donor reports.
• Coordinate with field staff to develop tools and methods to improve data collection for example, surveys, assessment and beneficiary data
• Link with data and grants management tools developed to collect information and profiling. Support team to use these tools on all projects activities levels. (Excel, SPSS, ODK, SurveyCTO…)
• Organize, participate and collect field data and process / analyse this data
• Take part and carry out assessments, evaluation and any other form of survey or review of projects
• Undertake field trips and do physical observation on on-going projects
• Guide the regular sharing of the outputs and the M&E findings with projects staff and implementing partners
• Lead the implementation of Information Management (IM) platform and securely transfer large program field data. Support with accuracy of data entered in to the platform and day-to-day management.
• Capacity build, train and support sectors and field staff to improve the field monitoring or any other monitoring needs
• Review the questionnaires developed for the assessments by the field team
• Develop and strengthen DRC’s M&E department including coordinating recruitments, capacity building and performance management
• Take the lead in supporting of all external evaluation consultancies of large DRC projects implemented in Iraq
• Coordinate the design and implementation of accountability systems for DRC projects working closely with Head of Offices and Programme Managers
• Build the capacity of staff to plan and implement effective accountability systems for the country programme
• Strengthen the country program’s beneficiary and feedback complaint mechanism and set-up new systems as the program extends to new geographical areas
Learning and project quality
• Donor focal point for M&E components of projects
• Participate in project Kick-off meetings, Quarterly Review meetings and Close-out meetings in order to highlight cross-project components aimed at replicating good practices and strengthening synergies between projects or programmes.
• Regularly present key M&E findings to the Senior Management Team for further development.
• Support DRC’s aim for further strengthened integrated programming and actively propose ways of achieving this using M&E findings.
• Perform other duties as directed by the Head of Programmes.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Essential qualifications and experience:
• A bachelor’s degree in relevant field (development, social research preferable with a focus on monitoring and evaluation as well as compliance issues). Master’s degree in relevant field will be an asset.
• Minimum of 5 years of work experience within the field of monitoring and evaluation;
• Experience working with International NGO’s, UN agencies, line ministries and/or local authorities in migrants/refugee settings in complex emergencies;
• Experience working in monitoring and evaluation of WASH, shelter, CRI/NFI, Cash/ livelihoods and protection sectors in an emergency context
• Experience in developing/ guiding information management systems for large humanitarian programs
• Experience in participatory assessment and community-based monitoring approaches;
• Clear understanding of Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS);
• Experience with capacity building of national staff, and in convening and facilitating trainings and workshops
• Excellent analytical and report writing skills (English)
• Fluency in written and spoken English essential, Arabic will be an asset
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
• Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
• Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 12 month contract subject to extension based on performance and funding. You must be available to start work in early September 2017 and be willing to live and work in Iraq.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at A13-A14 DRC’s salary scale depending on experience. The R&R cycle for Erbil is every 12 weeks.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button. All applications must include a cover letter explaining your motivation for applying for this position and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Applications without a cover/motivation letter will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 1 September 2017.
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Erbil
- Grade: Level not specified
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Closing Date: 2017-09-01