Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) HLP Assessment in Far North Cameroon.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Consultancy: Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) HLP Assessment in Far North Cameroon.
A call for expression of interest; NRC calls for expression of interest for conducting an HLP assessment in Far North Cameroon, where NRC will draw upon its global ICLA expertise to promote better understanding of the key protection issues on House, Land and Property (HLP) and Civil Documentation in the Cameroun IDP context. Through detailed assessments and training, this will inform both NRC's future strategy in the country and the work of other actors, including the government of Cameroon. NRC will make clear linkages between HLP issues and Shelter and access to land for Food Security. The assessments and training will pay attention to the constraints that IDP women face, in particular the differential impacts of insecure tenure and eviction.
- Carry out a detailed assessment on the HLP issues and the disputes resolution mechanisms in areas affected by the displacement in the Far North region of Cameroon
- Do clear recommendations on the way to prevent/address the issues identified
- Develop training modules for the dissemination of the findings.
- Inception report prior to deployment to Cameroon
- Preliminary report findings presentation
- Final report
NRC is looking for a consultant , covering the following qualification;
- An advanced degree in Law, Political Science or related social sciences, or a combination of a Bachelor degree in any of the specified fields of study plus extensive professional research experience.
- At least 5 years of research experience, either in a reputable firm or as an independent freelance consultant, with focus issues linked to rural land tenure, issues related to access to rural and urban land and collaborative dispute resolution mechanisms.
- Previous experience in Cameroun or any Francophone country with a similar context is preferred.
- Knowledge of HLP issues related to forced displacement.
- Clear, professional and effective written English and French
The proposal should include:
- An outline of the research framework and methods, including comments on the TOR, proposed timeframe and work-plan. Proposals should not exceed 5 pages.
- CVs, references for previous relevant work, and evidence of past research projects
- The financial proposal should provide professional fees and all costs required for undertaking this consultancy.
Time frame: The duration of the assignment will be 30 working days from the date of the contract signing. Expected starting date: 15 September 2017
Deadline for expression of interest: Forward expression of interest to Ahmed Toure firstname.lastname@example.org with David Manan email@example.com in Cc, by 31 August.
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Yaoundé
- Grade: Level not specified
- Human Resources
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-08-31