Internship: Content Classification, Knowledge Sharing & Solutions Unit, UNICEF Supply Division, Copenhagen
UNICEF Supply Division is looking for a 'Content Classification Intern'. The duration of the internship is 8 weeks.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
INTERNSHIP, Content Classification, UNICEF SUPPLY DIVISION, COPENHAGEN
UNICEF Supply Division is developing a new Digital Workplace for Supply. The DWP includes a new intranet, document management system, a collaboration platform and business applications. The purpose is to facilitate knowledge management and exchange, accessibility of information and tools to improve work flows and the way work gets done in order to improve supply chains for children.
The new DWP is built on an O365/SharePoint platform.
We are looking for an intern to assist on specific deliverables for the new document management system.
The document management system that is being developed will include a change in work processes and re-organization of our filing system from ShareDrives to SharePoint online.
The intern will assist the Knowledge Sharing and Solutions Unit (KSSU) and Operational, Analysis and Technical Centre (OATC) prepare the move from ShareDrives to SharePoint online. The main output will be a high level classification system for key documents that can be used for all our business units as they prepare the migration. The classification system will also support the subsequent creation of a taxonomy for the Digital Workplace.
Centre: Strategy, Management and Communication Centre
Intern Supervisor: Heidi Martinussen
Project Title: Digital Workplace, Intranet, Supply Community & Document Management
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
- Work with business units to map the current organization of their ShareDrives
- Map out similarities and disparities between business units with a view of creating a common classification system for similar content across business units
- Propose a classification system that can be used across business units
Duration of Internship: 8 weeks
Start Date: 1 September 2017
It is important to note that as with all internships with UNICEF, this internship is unpaid.
The main purpose of the position is to support the organized migration of content from ShareDrives to SharePoint online and the subsequent creation of a taxonomy in Supply Division by creating:
- An overview of the current organization of documents
- A document outlining a new classification system including guidelines
Essential Requirements/Educational Background:
Registered in any relevant Masters level program or at the final year of Bachelors level program, ideally in library sciences, or another discipline with focus on information management and classification. Other areas of expertise/education will also be considered.
- Experience in classifying documents.
- Experience in working with stakeholders to gather requirements.
Experience in SharePoint is advantageous.
- Effective communicator of verbal and written concepts to international audiences.
- Able to work well in a team environment with colleagues from different cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to quickly understand instructions, asks for clarification when needed, adapt and work to produce results on time.
- Able to work independently and user-oriented.
- Able to apply technical expertise.
- In depth understanding of content classification, preferably knowledge of Dublin core and ISO standards around taxonomy and content classification
- Computer skills and knowledge of standard MS Office applications and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of usability and design for the web is a benefit
Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
UNICEF CORE VALUES
Diversity and Inclusion
Treats all people with dignity and respect; shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, cultural and religious differences; challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace; encourages diversity wherever possible.
Maintains high ethical standards; takes clear ethical stands; keeps promises; immediately addresses untrustworthy or dishonest behaviour; resists pressure in decision-making from internal and external sources; does not abuse power or authority.
Demonstrates commitment to UNICEF’s mission and to the wider UN system; demonstrates the values of UNICEF in daily activities and behaviours; seeks out new challenges, assignments and responsibilities; promotes UNICEF’s cause.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Grade: Internship
- Human Resources
- Supply Chain and Service delivery
- Closing Date: 2017-09-03
Multiple locations (Various)
The Hague (Netherlands)