ICLA Officer - (only open for Afghan nationality) Location: Nemroz - Afghanistan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization specialized in assisting and advocating for the rights of refugees, returnees and internally displaced people (IDPs).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Remain updated on tendency and current situation of persons of concern in western region of Afghanistan.
- Liaise with governmental and nongovernmental organizations to create and maintain a network of organizations to which returnees and IDPs protection concerns can be referred;
- Regularly conduct community visits (can be up to several days of duration), to districts and sub districts to provide information, counselling and assistance.
- Identify problems being faced by returnees both before and after return, and record the experiences of returnees by visiting borders, returnees/IDPs camps or settlements and encashment centers;
- Undertake or assist with media and printing matters such as researches, producing posters, leaflets, brochures, etc which are related to ICLA activities.
- Accurately register cases in the electronic database within the month. Registered new cases with collected relevant documents and data (case history, action …) should be recorded in data base by 25th of each months, solved, referred, unsolved cases should be report to data base accordingly;
- Relevant documents should be collected within the same months of registration as well as case histories, actions should be written on a daily basis, and case closing sheets by middle of next month;
- Case histories, add actions, case closing sheets or any other documents should be written by computer;
- Maintain and update hard and soft copy files of documents and pleadings in individual cases in accordance of NRC soft and hard filling system;
- Prepare weekly plan, weekly report, monthly report, tentative mission plan or any other report if required;
- Represent NRC in external and internal meetings and promote exchange of information with relevant external actors, therefore should be updated on all NRC core competency activities.
- Respect the anonymity of clients approaching NRC and the confidentiality of information received from any clients;
- Report any issue/concern to immediate superior if required. (report will remain confidential);
- Any other reasonable tasks as instructed by immediate superior.
- Holding valid university degree on in law or sharia faculty
- Minimum 3 years of Work experience in the field of law (e.g. courts, attorney or legal aid agencies). Preferably experience in working with clients;
- Technical specific knowledge from the humanitarian sector and 2-3 years work experience with refugees
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented technical competences related to the position’s responsibilities
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Experience with media activities
- Familiarity with NRC work in the region
- Sound Knowledge of English and Computer literate (MS Office)
- Knowledge of the context in Western Region (Nemroz Province)
- Education title: Holding valid university degree on in law or sharia faculty
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Nemroz
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-08-18