Shelter Officer - (Mazar) - (only open for Afghan nationality) Location: Nangarhar - Afghanistan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization specialized in assisting and advocating for the rights of refugees, returnees and internally displaced people (IDPs).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards
- Ensure compliance with CC strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards
- Shelter specific technical responsibility for implementation of technical activities of shelter project(s)
- Shelter specific technical responsibility for tracking of financial expenditures for technical activities of Shelter project(s)
- Shelter specific technical responsibility for the quality control and monitoring of project activities
- Shelter specific technical responsibility for project documentation of technical activities of shelter project(s)
- Provide specific technical support and capacity building towards project staff
- Provide specific technical analysis and feedback to NRC representatives in coordination forums
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Desk study of relevant shelter documents;
- Field visit in Mazar and interview returnees/IDPs for shelter needs;
- Interview relevant stakeholders for urban shelter needs and opportunities;
- Overall responsible for shelter technical aspects in Mazar.
- Participate in Assessment report and concept paper;
- Produce shelter reports on weekly and monthly base;
- Operate field equipment, radio etc;
- Responsible for shelter assessment; project planning, implementation and monitoring,
- Maintain regular field visit,
- Maintain field visit and produce shelter reports on weekly base,
- Maximize community participation and conduct field assessment on beneficiaries
- Participate in NRC staff seminars and training, when scheduled.
- Assessment on site. Shelter needs and resources, shelter type, data on returnees/ IDPs
- Identify and selecting vulnerable families eligible for shelter assistance according to established selection criteria
- Any other tasks as assigned by the immediate superior.
- University degree in relevant field.
- 2-3 years’ experience with Urban shelter standards preferred
- Previous work experience with a satisfactory performance in the same or similar functional area preferably with UN or INGOs
- Knowledge of international standards code for building material and testing
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Fluency in English and local language Dari/Pashtu
- Able to express your ideas clearly and confidently in speech
- Able to act on initiative, identify opportunities & proactive in putting forward ideas & solutions
- Education title: University degree in relevant field.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Mazār-e Sharīf
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Emergency Aid
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Closing Date: 2017-09-01