INT 2017/21 - Intern - International Partnership Division (IPD) - Geneva, Switzerland
Position Title Intern- International Partnerships Division (IPD) Duty Station :Geneva, Switzerland
Classification Intern, Grade OTHE
Type of Appointment : Internship, Four months
Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible Closing Date : 28 August 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. Context:
The Department of International Cooperation and Partnerships (ICP) is responsible for providing guidance, supporting and coordinating the Organization’s relations with IOM Member and Observer States, intergovernmental organizations, civil society and the media, as well as governmental, multilateral and private sector donors. IPD within the ICP is the institutional focal point for Organization’s relations with inter-state consultation mechanisms on migration (ISCMs), non-UN inter-governmental organizations, NGOs, IOM observer organizations. IPD provides guidance on mixed migration flows and migration scenario building. The Intern will work under the guidance and supervision of the Head of IPD and IPD Migration Policy Officer, and in cooperation with other colleagues in the Field Missions and IOM Headquarters.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Head of IPD and IPD Migration Policy Officer, the Intern will have the following duties and responsibilities in IPD:
• Assist in the preparation and the organization of any planned conferences. • Assist, as requested, in providing logistical and administrative support to the Seventh Global RCP Meeting, including, but not limited to, follow up with invitees and IOM colleagues in the field; travel arrangements of IOM-funded delegates; DSA disbursement to IOM-funded delegates; assembling of materials and folders for delegates; conference room set-up; note-taking; etc.
• Take notes during IPD Meetings and events and assist with drafting of notes for the files with follow-up action required.
• Contribute to data collection and analysis; conduct research on relevant assigned topics. • Assist, as requested, in updating IOM’s ISCM website.
• Maintain a comprehensive filing system, including a database of ISCMs. Page 1 / 3• Assist in drafting information sheets, presentations, letters and other documents. • Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor in International Relations, Social Science, Political Science, Law or related. Experience
• Strong background in the region.
• Proven ability to produce quality work accurately and concisely according to set deadlines. • Practical experience of how to multi-task, prioritize and work independently. • Ability to timely understand the Organization’s structure and portfolios. • Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team of colleagues of varied cultural and professional backgrounds.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Computer literacy, especially database tools.
• Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is highly desirable.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services • Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions. Page 2 / 3Other:
The incumbent will acquire technical knowledge in the International Partnerships Division under the Department of International cooperation and Partnerships (ICP). He/She will also gain in-site experience in working with an international organization.
Carte de Legitimation
The Organization will obtain the ‘carte de legitimation’ for the duration of the internship for the selected candidate
• Applicants must upload in IOM e-Recruitment a single document consisting of a cover letter and resume/CV.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and additional queries will only be addressed if the candidate is shortlisted.
• Depending on experience and location, IOM provides a small monthly stipend to help offset costs; please consider the cost of living in Geneva prior to applying. • Previous candidates do not need to re-apply for this vacancy.
• No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 28 August 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 22.08.2017 to 28.08.2017
Requisition: INT2017/21- Intern-International Partnership Division (IPD)-Geneva,Switzerland (55153356) Released
Posting: Posting NC55153357 (55153357) Released
Page 3 / 3
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: OTHE
- Closing Date: 2017-08-28