ICLA Technical Assistant - (only open for Afghan nationality) Location: Nangarhar - Afghanistan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization specialized in assisting and advocating for the rights of refugees, returnees and internally displaced people (IDPs).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Collect and record information about socio-economic, security and general conditions within the ICLA AOR for returnees and IDPs;
- Work closely with the legal and capacity building units of ICLA (information counseling and legal assistance) for providing on time and relevant counselling and assistance to beneficiaries
- Conduct need assessments of the target group as required;
- Identify problems facing returnees both before and after return, and record the experiences of returnees;
- Participate in preparation of monthly reports and thematic reports,
- Participate in NRC staff seminars and training, when scheduled;
- Represent NRC in coordination meetings, when requested and promote exchange of information with relevant external actors;
- Respect the anonymity of clients approaching NRC and the confidentiality of information received from any clients;
- Regularly visit returnee and IDP communities to provide information/counseling on rights awareness and durable solutions to displaced persons; disseminate information about NRC’s mandate;
- Liaise with governmental, non-governmental organizations and UN agencies to establish and maintain networks for referrals;
- Regular monitoring and tracking to ensure the project implementation meets the program and donor requirements.
- Develop regular plans and monitor the implementation of the plans taking corrective measures as necessary.
- Assist in ensuring optimal use of financial resources
- Any other tasks as instructed by immediate superior
- University degree in social sciences (education, political science, international relations, law, journalism, gender studies, human rights).
- 2-3 work experience in the field of community services.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Able to work effectively within a multi-cultural team environment and a gender respectful settings
- Good counseling, communication, report writing and public speech skills with the ability to convey the message effectively to the target group
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- Education title: University degree in social sciences
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Nangarhar
- Grade: Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education - Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-08-29