We are looking for a highly qualified candidate to fill the position of Livelihood Officer will be responsible for identifying sustainable employment opportunities for individuals completing their contract with the GIZ cash for work program in Wadi Mujib.
Who are we?
DRC is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. With the vision that no displaced person must be in want of help to find protection and durable solutions, DRC provides assistance and protection to conflict-affected in many of the major conflicts in Asia, Africa and Middle East. The assistance can consist of relief and other humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and support to returning home, and the promotion of durable solutions.
About the job
Livelihood Officer will support efforts to identify individuals to participate in the program in coordination with the Outreach Officer and Referral Officer. They may also be requested to assist in targets related to other livelihood programs in Madaba as needed/ able.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage the relationship with cooperatives issuing work permits for CfW beneficiaries in coordination with human resources and project staff;
• Create database of locally available job vacancies that are accessible to (in terms of skill level and location) individuals completing their short-term work contract;
• Meet with private sector employers to identify their staffing needs in order to better match existing skillset of beneficiaries with sustainable job opportunities;
• Ensure all beneficiary data has been logged on the DRC gamma database in order to optimize referrals;
• Facilitate linkages between beneficiaries and potential employers, including the preparation of exposure visits to the places of work as needed;
• Manage the use of the Complaints Mechanism in order to field any complaints coming from direct CfW beneficiaries involved in the program.
• Assist the Outreach and Referral Officers in identifying new beneficiaries for the cash for work opportunity
• Facilitate productive relationships with cooperatives, CBOs, and other local civil society institutions in Madaba;
• In coordination with the livelihood unit, lead the roll out of new tools and processes for the program;
• Support in data collection, monitoring, and evaluation efforts with DRC’s Monitoring and Evaluation assistants as needed.
• Adhere to work plans laid out by the Deputy Project Manager or Project Manager
• Support continual improvement of DRC’s livelihood activities by capturing and sharing key challenges, articulating obstacles and proposed solutions, and identifying success stories to highlight.
• Assist in the regular collection of information on market needs and gaps, including new opportunities for programming;
• Assist in the enforcement of HAP Principles of Accountability;
• Ensure the application of DRC Code of Conduct and DRC Policies and Procedures.
To be successful in this role you must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, political/social sciences, public administration, international, development or a relevant equivalent;
• Strong understanding of market and private sector dynamics in the project location;
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to foster communication and negotiation among local stakeholders;
• Strong organizational and time management skills;
• Ability to work effectively as an integral part of a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team and to work with a wide range of government and community counterparts, and other stakeholders;
• Understanding of the socio-economic conditions of Syrian refugee populations a must;
• Ability and willingness to maintain regular presence at project sites and to work during irregular working hours;
• Ability to write reports in a timely fashion;
• Computer skills (Excel, Microsoft, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Understanding of the socio-economic conditions and labour market constraints of Syrian refugees highly desired;
• Ability to work effectively as an integral part of multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team and to work with a wide range of government and community counterparts, and other actors;
• Customer-service oriented, able to manage competing priorities, and resourceful in problem solving
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a six month contract including three month as probation period, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work As Soon As Possible and be willing and able to work in Madaba -Jordan.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 6 September 2017.
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Dadaab
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2017-09-06