NATIONAL POST: Driver, Suva, Fiji, Pacific Sub-Regional Office, G-3
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS OPEN ONLY TO NATIONALS OF FIJI
Duty Station: Suva, Fiji
Closing Date: 8 September 2017 (5 pm Fiji time)
The Driver/Clerk provides reliable and safe driving services to the UNFPA Sub-regional Director and Representative and other high-ranking UN officials and visitors ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Upon the request of the supervisor, the Driver/clerk can be also required to provide driving services to the operations and programme staff in the SRO, consultants and experts and UN staff on mission, but this will not be the predominant function of the post.
Qualifications and Experience
• Completed secondary level education required.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Valid driver’s license;
• Three years work experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record.
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, and local roads and conditions, and defensive driving skills;
• Skill in minor vehicle repairs
• Fluency in the local language of the duty station, good knowledge of the UN language of the duty station.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Suva
- Grade: GS-3, General Service
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-09-08