VN 2017/187 (P) - Resource Management Officer (P2) - Bujumbura, Burundi
Position Title Resource Management Officer
Duty Station : Bujumbura, Burundi
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 07 September 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles,
Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (COM) in Burundi, and in close collaboration with the Regional Office for East and Horn of Africa in Nairobi, the Department of Resource Management (DRM) at Headquarters (HQs), and the Administrative Centres in Manila and Panama, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for coordinating the budgetary, financial, human resource, and administrative functions of the Mission and its sub-offices.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. In close coordination with the Regional Office, monitor compliance with general instructions of IOM and relevant permanent instructions for the Mission in the areas of general administration, finance, and human resources and bring issues of non-compliance or other anomalies to the supervisor’s attention.
2. Assist in monitoring the financial and other resource management for all activities in Burundi including the oversight of financial expenditure and accountability; undertake preliminary financial analysis of projects in the Mission.
3. Implement relevant internal controls to safeguard Organization’s assets, control cash and prevent fraud.
Page 1 / 44. Inspect payroll versus budgets, ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with IOM’s projectization criteria.
5. Provide support to the COM and Project Managers throughout the project cycle to ensure compliance with IOM’s policies and procedures and any donor-specific requirements. 6. Provide input for the preparation of financial donor reports in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures.
7. Make recommendations on procedural improvements and assist in training local staff in the relevant areas of administration/finance. Facilitate and support knowledge building and sharing in accounting and finance.
8. Assist the COM and Project Managers by providing information on the correct allocation of programme funds and by providing any requisite documentation including for auditing purposes. 9. Assist in forecasting cash flows (with due regard to foreign exchange exposure) according to activities in the Mission and ensure daily control of funds disbursed; verify that funding is received in accordance with donor agreements.
10. Assist the COM and Project Managers in the timely preparation of budgets for new projects. 11. Assist in the supervision of the Mission’s administrative functions, including recruitment, personnel administration and other related activities in accordance with the Organization’s policies and procedures.
12. Liaise with other internal functional units of the Mission, and support the SRMO in liaising with banks, donors, government counterparts, and other stakeholders as required in the performance of the accounting function.
13. Liaise with relevant units at HQs and the RO with regard to the financial and administrative activities of the Mission.
14. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience; • Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
• Experience in financial management, accounting, and budgeting;
• Experience with internal control assessment, internal audit and or external audit; • Knowledge of IOM/UN regulations, policies and procedures;
• Experience with international institutions knowledge of IPSAS and SAP highly desirable; • Knowledge of IOM/UN accounting systems, software and procedures a distinct advantage. Languages
Page 2 / 4Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French is an advantage. Note
Appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 07 September 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
Page 3 / 4Posting period:
From 25.08.2017 to 07.09.2017
Requisition: VN 2017/187 (P) - Resource Management Officer (P2) - Bujumbura, Burundi (55157306) Released
Posting: Posting NC55157315 (55157315) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Bujumbura
- Grade: P-2, International Professional
- Closing Date: 2017-09-07