73841 -ICT Support Clerk (for Indonesian Nationality only) (FOR UN ROSTER)
The United Nations system in Indonesia works as a team to develop the best strategy to respond to national needs and plans, building on agency asset. To support its operations, UN Indonesia is opening vacancies for roster of qualified personnel to be based not only in Jakarta but also in other areas as required. Candidates will be assessed by UN Human Resources team for particular type/level of function.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the ICT Specialist/Analyst or Associate, the ICT Support Clerk provides ICT and administrative support services to the ICT unit, provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure in a large Country Office. The ICT Support Clerk promotes a client-oriented approach.
The ICT Support Clerk works in close collaboration with the Front Office, Management Support and Business Development, Programme and Operations teams in a large CO and UNDP HQ staff for resolving ICT-related issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of key functions:
- Support to implementation of ICT systems
- Effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages
- Support to networks administration
- Provision of administrative support
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Supports implementation of ICT management systems and strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the CO technology environment.
- Provision of inputs to the result-oriented Unit workplan.
2. Ensures effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Performance of routine technical tasks, including changing of hardware electronic components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and routine repairs.
- Support in the installation of commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades
- Support to users in backing up and restoring their files, as well as in virus detection, removal and prevention.
3. Supports networks administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Response to user needs and questions regarding network access.
- Assistance in backup and restoration procedures for local drives. Maintenance of backup logs. Assistance in off-site storage of backups.
4. Provides administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of software and hardware.
- Maintenance of a library of ICT related reference materials.
- Maintenance of the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts
- Provision of ICT support to key events.
- Maintenance of Unit’s files, logs
- Preparation of routine correspondence, faxes, memoranda and reports in accordance with CO SOP.
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources.
5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation and assistance in the organization of training for the CO staff on ICT issues.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Impact of Results
- The key results have an impact on the overall efficiency of the Country Office including improved business results and client services.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties related to ICT
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of clerical, administrative, secretarial best practices and procedures, in-depth knowledge of office software applications relating to word processing data management presentation, ATLAS, as required
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative
- Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy
- Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others
MANAGING DOCUMENTS, CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS
- Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes/books and reports using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software
- Edits, formats and provides inputs to correspondence, reports, documents and/or presentations using work processing, spreadsheets and databases meeting quality standards and requiring minimal correction
- Shows sound grasp of grammar, spelling and structure in the required language
- Ensures correspondence, reports and documents comply with established UN standards
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard
PLANNING, ORGANIZING AND MULTI-TASKING
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education with specialized formal training on IT systems, business software (Microsoft Office) and web-based applications, ICDL certification, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) is desirable but not required
- 4 years of relevant working experience in IT and administration.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Applicant must complete P11 form and submit as part of their application. Click here to download the form - http://bit.ly/P11system
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements
Position Number in ATLAS
Job ID Number
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Jakarta
- Grade: GS-4, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2017-12-31