ICT Associate (For Indonesian Nationality Only)
The United Nations system in Indonesia works as a team to develop the best strategy to respond to national needs and plans, building on agency asset. To support its operations, UN Indonesia is opening vacancies for roster of qualified personnel to be based not only in Jakarta but also in other areas as required. Candidates will be assessed by UN Human Resources team for particular type/level of function.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the ICT Support Associate provides leadership in execution of ICT services in the CO, implements ICT management systems and strategies, provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure. The incumbent is responsible for review and advice on the use of new technologies that will enhance the CO productivity. The ICT Support Associate promotes a client-oriented approach.
The ICT Support Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in the CO and UNDP HQs staff for resolving complex ICT-related issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of ICT strategies and introduction/implementation of new technologies
- Effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages
- Networks administration
- Provision of web management services
- Provision of administrative support
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Ensures implementation of ICT strategies and introduction/implementation of new technologies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the CO technology environment.
- Elaboration of internal policies and procedures on the use of ICT. Elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance in consultation with office management.
- Development and update of the ICT annual plan.
- Provision of support to the use of Atlas functionality for improved business results and improved client services.
2. Ensures effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Provision of advice on maintenance of equipment and acquisition of hardware supplies, making routine repairs and change of hardware electronic components.
- Supervision of the implementation of corporate UNDP systems.
- Development of new softwares for high impact results (e.g. office management system, electronic registry, etc).
3. Ensures efficient networks administration focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Operation of network utility procedures defining network users and security attributes establishing directories, menus and drive-mappings, configuring network printers and providing user access.
- Trouble-shooting and monitoring of network problems.
- Response to user needs and questions regarding network access.
- Maintenance of up-to-date parameters of information for the network clients and electronic mail.
- Implementation of backup and restoration procedures for local drives. Maintenance of backup logs. Organization of off-site storage of backups.
- Timely LAN Infrastructure and Internet connectivity upgrade to meet UNDP requirements.
4 . Provides web management services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification of the opportunities and ways of converting business processes into web-based systems to address the issues of efficiency (office management system, donor profile software, knowledge management systems).
- Creation and maintenance of the CO web site and intranet ensuring that the content is updated and meets the requirements of UNDP.
5 . Provides administrative support focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of advice on and assistance in procurement of new equipment for the CO and projects, provision of technical specifications and information on best options in both local and international markets, review of quotations and bids.
- Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of the software and hardware.
- Maintenance of the library of reference materials.
- Maintenance of the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Procurement Unit.
6. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification and promotion of different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge management and sharing, information provision.
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on ICT issues.
- Maintenance of staff training profiles.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in ICT.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the overall efficiency of the Country Office including improved business results and client services. Forward-looking ICT management has an impact on the organization of office management, knowledge sharing, and information provision.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience and provides helpful advice to others in the office
- Ability to develop systems for structuring, codifying and providing access to information and knowledge
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to provide IT support services including IT hardware/ infrastructure support, ERP support, other IT applications support, web design and maintenance
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new systems
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexity
Required Skills and Experience
- First University Degree, preferably in Computer Science.
- 5 to 7 years of working experience in network administration and use of hardware/software, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of database packages, experience in web design.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Applicant must complete P11 form and submit as part of their application. Click here to download the form - http://bit.ly/P11system
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Jakarta
- Grade: GS-7, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2017-12-31