1729 - Portfolio Manager (Credit and Loans)
The purpose of the position is to manage and coordinate activities related to the support provided by the German Development Bank (KfW) as part of the Advanced Capacity for Accelerated Delivery Initiative Project.
To ensure results oriented, effective, efficient and accountable implementation of the Project activities and achievement of Project results.
c. Background Information
The Government of Republic of Serbia, with the support of German Development Bank (KfW), plans to set up the Start-up Facility managed by a Project Management Unit (PMU), established under Public Investment Management Office (PIMO). The Facility should encourage banks to lend to start-up Micro Small Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) and entrepreneurs through a risk sharing mechanism as well as encourage entrepreneurs to open a business through a start-up grant mechanism.
The objective of the Facility is to:
- set-up a guarantee mechanism for banks to collateralize credits for MSMEs which would not be financed by the banks without this risk-sharing,
- provide grant incentives for MSMEs and
- offer accompanying technical assistance for the PMU, participating banks and MSMEs.
The scheme would support a broad variety of micro business initiatives, through subsidized micro loans to individual entrepreneurs. Based on business plan, loans of up to RSD 3,600,000 would be provided through participating commercial banks. The inception phase of the preparation facility shall run throughout 2017 and 2018, with the ambition of upgrading the established concept, incorporating the lessons learned throughout the inception phase.
Considering that PIMO is tasked with loan implementation, it requires additional capacities to implement projects funded by loans, in order to ensure timely and quality implementation. The Advanced Capacity for Accelerated Development Initiative (ACADI) Project shall enable efficient and effective provision of the necessary expertise, which will boost the capacity of the PIMO for fast delivery of projects funded through loans and enable successful implementation of Preparation facility for the KFW financed initiative.
Duties and Responsibilities
Overall responsibilities: The Portfolio Manager is responsible for setting up and management of the Start-up Facility as part of the German Development Bank support (KfW) within the Advanced Capacity for Accelerated Delivery Initiative Project. The Portfolio Manager's primary responsibility is to ensure that the Start-up Facility (Project) produces the results specified in the Project Document, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
Specific responsibilities include:
Management of designated projects/components:
- Be responsible and accountable for the overall management and administration of the Start-up Facility (Project), and the timely and quality delivery of all Start-up Facility (Project) outputs;
- Develop and manage, in coordination with partners, an overall Project implementation strategy;
- Prepare Project Work Plans and present them t to the National Project Director/Project Board for review/approval;
- Develop Monitoring and Evaluation Plan for tracking and evaluating progress against the agreed targets;
- Coordinate an exit strategy at least 6 months ahead of the project closure date; ensure closure of the project is done per the established procedures.
Monitor progress and manage risks, ensuring that changes are controlled and problems addressed; Report on progress and issues:
- Monitor Project progress to ensure that it is in accordance with the timetable set out in the Project Document and preparation of regular updates to Project Boards on projects’ progress, implementing issues, emerging risks/problems and proposals for necessary remedial actions;
- Collect and manage project data as required by the M&E Plan;
- Monitor financial resources and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports; ensue preparation of budget revisions as necessary; follow up with UNDP programme associate and finance staff on issues.
- Organize regular Project Board meetings and regularly report on the progress to the Project Board;
- Prepare project progress reports with the frequency and using the template recommended by the UNDP office. Submit the report to supervisor in the UNDP programme team for review and clearance, per the agreed timetable. Share report with the Project Board;
- Ensure reporting to donor is prepared timely and the reports are meeting the standards;
- Support the preparation of reviews and evaluations as defined in the project document;
- Prepare final project reports and papers;
Networking and support to resource mobilization:
- Maintain good cooperation and coordination between national counterparts, projects’ partners and other stakeholders;
- Maintain regular contacts with beneficiaries to ensure relevance and quality of projects’ outputs;
- Establish record with contacts, pursue networking and information sharing and follow up on partnership related issues;
- Support the partnerships and advocacy activities agreed by the UNDP office in the area/sector covered by the project;
- Contribute to the development of pipeline initiatives primarily under the themes covered by the project.
Communication, knowledge management and learning:
- Provide policy advice on issues within the scope of the project;
- Regular exchange of information/experience with other projects, cross-learning and sharing results and good practices;
- Ensure the project has the required communication package;
- Prepare communication materials for dissemination inside and outside the UNDP;
- Capture lessons learnt during project;
- Participate in internal meetings;
- Participate in training events, communities of practice;
- Facilitate team’s learning and knowledge sharing;
- Performing other duties as required.
Performance Indicators for evaluation of results
- Projects’ outputs delivered within the acceptable tolerances of time, cost and quality;
- Regular contact with relevant Ministries, other stakeholders and beneficiaries maintained;
- Reports and Annual Workplans developed on time in line with quality standards;
- Sound management of project finances;
- Project activities and results promoted;
- Management of team performed.
- Good application of Results-Based Management;
- Good communication, coordination and facilitation skills;
- Consistently ensures timeliness and quality of Project work;
- Establishes lasting relationships and substantive dialogue with clients;
- Treats all people fairly without favourism;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling ethical standards.
Required Skills and Experience
Master`s degree or equivalent in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or a related field.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience in financial and project management positions, preferably in international/multilateral development context;
- Experience in managing teams and complex projects/processes that included extensive communication, coordination and facilitation requirements;
- Experience in partnership building at international, national, regional and local level;
- The following specific experiences will be considered as an asset: experience working in the UN system or other international organizations; experience in managing projects in the field of R&D infrastructure, bilateral lenders, experience in relations with IFIs.
- Excellent understanding of Serbia's socio-economic situation;
- Understanding of current policies and legislation on Research and Innovation;
- Understanding of CEB and EIB project execution mechanisms and relations between banks and project PIU;
- Familiarity with the EU accession process (especially the need for harmonization of legislation with the acquis relevant for Research and Innovation).
- Knowledge in the use of computers and office software packages and handling of web based management systems.
- Ability to organize and motivate team, deliver when working under pressure and within changing circumstances;
- Excellent writing/reporting and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and team building skills.
Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Serbian and English.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Belgrade
- Grade: SC-9/SB-4, Local Service Contract - Junior level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-08-29