Project Associate vacancy - Strengthening Parliamentary Governance in Moldova
The UNDP project “Strengthening Parliamentary Governance in Moldova” is designed to address the main needs of the Parliament of Moldova in the areas of legislation making, oversight and representation during the on-going process of domestic reform spurred by closer relations with the EU. The project is also assisting in making the Parliament’s legislative activity more open, transparent and participatory through establishing tools and mechanisms for the engagement with the Civil Society, professional associations and general public. Project interventions will offer and encourage equal opportunity for male and female participation.
Moreover, it will include cross-cutting or transversal issues such as human rights, SDGs, anti-corruption, women and minority political involvement etc. It will relate closely with the ongoing projects carried out by UNDP Moldova and their partners – with specific reference to the support to the electoral cycle and women in politics – and thus capitalize on the added value of synergies between the various projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Manager the incumbent assists the project team, UNDP Country office, as well as national counterparts and clients in the effective and efficient implementation of the Parliament Project, through provision of administrative services of the highest quality and standards. The Project Associate applies and promotes the principles of results-based management (RBM), as well as a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The incumbent will provide assistance to the Project Manager, Parliament Specialist and Senior Project Officer in implementation of day-to-day activities, working in close collaboration and coordination with Procurement (CO) and Finance Associates. The incumbent will also work in collaboration with the programme, operations, communications and other project teams in the Country Office (CO) for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery.
The Project Associate is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
- Make pertinent logistical arrangements for the prompt and effective implementation of the project activities;
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plans;
- Provide support to international consultants in the implementation of their tasks for the achievement of project results (communication, contracts, agenda, visas, hotel reservations, etc);
- Maintain records on all project personnel/national consultants and their respective status (contracts, ToRs, time and attendance – if appropriate, etc.) in accordance with accepted policies and procedures;
- Assist the Project management in assessing proposals and preparing documentation for approval, organizing partner workshops and capacity building events;
- Prepare and issue draft contracts;
- Draft minutes of Project Board and other project related meetings;
- Maintain project correspondence incl. receive, screen and distribute correspondence and attach necessary background information and prepare routine correspondence and memoranda for supervisor’ signature, as well as drafting the correspondence when needed;
- Arrange external and internal meetings (including the meetings of the Project Board, Technical level, as well as other relevant meetings etc.);
- Guide the work of project Driver/Administrative Clerk and project individual consultants as applicable;
- Maintain updated networks of project counterparts, contractors, consultants and suppliers;
- Provide translation into English or Romanian at the request of supervisors.
- In accordance with the Work Plan arrange for procurement of equipment, supplies and services;
- Process in ATLAS the transactions in line with the Internal Control Framework;
- Draft yearly Project procurement plan and periodical procurement reports based on inputs from Project Manager and Senior Project Officer;
- Draw up and maintain evidence and monitoring of awards and contracts with project implementing partners, consulting organizations, contractors, etc.;
- Maintain records on national consultants and their respective status (contracts, ToRs, and attendance – if appropriate, etc.) in accordance with corporate policies and procedures;
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and insurance as required;
- Ensure that contractual processes follow the stipulated UNDP procedures;
- Physically clear and ensure delivery of equipment and supplies procured for the various programme sites;
- Maintain an equipment and spare inventory including verification and transfer when required.
Other duties as assigned.
- Collect training evaluation forms and draft activity evaluation reports assessing beneficiary’s satisfaction with project activities;
- Keep abreast of UNDP rules and regulations in the area of responsibility and maintain an optimum level of knowledge by continuous learning;
- Provide inputs for elaboration of proposals and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies in consultation with Project management.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Exerts strict adherence to corporate rules, regulations and procedures. Familiarity with the internal control framework and results-based management tools is a must.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Proven ability to problem-solve, and think creatively to develop and implement smart business solutions in a challenging socio-economic environment
- Ability to establish and maintain contacts with senior-level officials of the host government required. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential part of the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, is required to obtain, evaluate and interpret factual data and to prepare accurate and complete reports and other documents.
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Required Skills and Experience
- University Degree in economics, finance, accounting, law, public administration or other related field.
- At least five years of experience in administrative work, accounting/finance, economics, or other substantive area is required.
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, consulting company, or NGO is a very strong advantage.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based management systems.
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Romanian is a must.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
UNDP is committed to workforce diversity. Women, persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, as well as refugees and other non-citizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, are particularly encouraged to apply.
This is a local position, therefore only citizens of the Republic of Moldova or others legally authorized to work in the country are eligible to apply.
Please note that only applicants who are short-listed will be contacted.
Online applications can be submitted by registered users only. Self-registration link is available at the next page and requires candidates to provide a valid email address.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Chişinău
- Grade: SB-3, Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement - Administrative support
- International Relations
- Public Policy and Administration
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- International Relations
- Democratic Governance
- Closing Date: 2017-09-10