Project Coordinator-Monitoring and NGO Liason
Albania has made important steps towards establishing a democratic state, functioning market economy, maintaining a stable economic growth, and achieving human development. Nevertheless, the implementation of social policies for the inclusion of vulnerable groups, particularly Roma and Egyptian communities and persons with disabilities, remains problematic. In order to support improved social inclusion, the proposed project, will pursue the following goal: Vulnerable persons and groups are empowered to have equal access to public services and opportunities and to have a voice in public decision-making affecting their lives. The project’s first phase (2017-2021) is designed to i) strengthen the vulnerable population to request and receive adequate social services from local authorities that support their social inclusion, ii) help municipalities to effectively manage the provision of social services and promote social inclusion, and iii) support national institutions to implement their policy framework for providing social services and adequately fund social services.
The project’s target groups, who will indirectly and directly benefit from improved social services, are the marginalised and vulnerable persons of Albania, and especially persons with disabilities, Roma and Egyptians. The improvement of their social inclusion will be supported by interventions at macro level (central authorities and services such as the Albanian Institute of Statistics), at meso level (municipalities and civil society organisations) and at micro level, actively involving the project’s target groups into the project’s implementation. The project will cover all of Albania, by improving social service provision in all 61 municipalities; specific geographic foci will be targeted by reacting to specific needs and challenges in selected municipalities.
The project’s implementation is the responsibility of the four UN agencies UNDP, UNICEF, UN Women and UNFPA, who will cooperate with state actors from central and local level, with civil society organisations and directly with target groups.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of the assignment
The Monitoring and NGO Liaison officer will be hired by UNDP as leading organization of the LNB project to ensure monitoring of project activities implemented by all participating UN organizations. The Monitoring and NGO Liaison officer will work under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator to perform the tasks described below.
1. Conduct internal monitoring in accordance with the Programme of Cooperation for Sustainable Development (PoCSD) and project’s main instruments for monitoring.
- Ensure evidence and Develops Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) and oversees its implementation and periodic revision;
- Develop, implement, and monitor the tools/systems for gathering, reporting, and analysing performance data for impact and sustainability of project implementation;
- Update regularly the M&E framework for all project components implemented by all participating agencies;
- Support and supervise collection and analysis of data for project M&E in accordance with timeframes set in the project work-plan;
- Assist the Project Coordinator to analyse the institutional, social and economicconditions under which the project is being implemented to allow for seizing opportunities and for reacting to newly emerging risks, for adapting the policy dialogue led with authorities, etc;
- Assist the Project Coordinator for the regular monitoring of and reporting on achievements based on evidence provided by monitoring data, mainly the indicators defined in the logical framework;
- Apply and promote the use of participatory documentation techniques that involve project participants and staff in the process;
- Collaborate closely with UN monitoring officer and contribute to the PoCSD monitoring at output and outcome level;
- Flag any (potential) risks, bottlenecks, challenges;
- Draft and prepare progress and ad-hoc reports as and when required, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.;
- Assist field level monitoring of activity of implementing partners;
- Maintain regular communication with project beneficiaries and field level;
- Keep database of project activity with beneficiary;
- Quarterly, and annual work plans for the field level project activities
- Prepare and submit case studies on various surveys, good practices, and field programs;
- Keep regular field activity report and review, verify and reconcile variety of data and reports
2. Participate in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the assigned implementing partner’s projects
- Monitor and analyse implementing partner’s project development and implementation;
- Review relevant documents and reports (proposal, work project, project budget, etc.);
- Identify problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions;
- Liaise with other relevant parties; identify and track follow-up actions;
- Coordinate activities related to budget and funding (project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.);
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty;
- Sensitivity to cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age differences;
- Act as a team player while also taking individual initiative to complete outlined tasks;
- Sharing knowledge - across the programme in particular and the organization in general -through supporting the building of a culture of knowledge sharing and learning;
- Excellent skills in planning, design and implementation of M&E systems;
- Understanding of data-collection methodologies and data analysis process;
- Familiarity with the administrative, social and economic context of the country;
- Initiative and sound judgment;
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as work autonomously;
- Strong communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in planning, design and implementation of M&E in related development projects ;
- Experience in working with multi-stakeholder projects and partnerships including government and local government officials, civil society organizations, media, business people and international donors is preferred;
- Demonstrated previous experience in report writing
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in management, statistics, economics, public policy or development related discipline.
- At least 5 years of professional experience at expert level with international organizations and/or public administration related to program assessment, monitoring, and evaluation including designing monitoring systems, indicators, developing AME plans, data quality assessments, survey techniques, qualitative investigation, and statistical analysis is required;
- Fluency in English and Albanian is required
Qualified and interested candidates are requested to apply no later than 31 August online via UNDP Albania website: http://www.al.undp.org/content/albania/en/home/operations/jobs/.
Interested applicants are advised to carefully study all sections of this ToRs and ensure that they meet the general requirements as well as specific qualifications described. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please make sure you have provided all requested materials. Qualified women and members of social minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Tirana
- Grade: SB-4, Service Contract - Junior level
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Closing Date: 2017-09-10